Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Richiecole

14” P Slots on a MK2 Breadvan

Richiecole

Hello, I’m after a bit of advice reference fitting 14” P Slots on my breadvan that I have just bought. 
The tyres that are currently on the wheels are 185/60/14 and am having a few issues with rubbing at the back as expected.

I will be lowering the car approx 40mm all round and ideally would like to keep the P Slots on the car so my question is, would a 165/55/14 tyre work without any rubbing on the rear? The P Slots I have are 5.5J et38.

Any advice would be much appreciated otherwise it’ll back to the 4.5J 13’s that came with it! 
Many thanks 

Yeti

I had them on the back of a standard mk2 with 185/60/14's on years ago. They were close but not rubbing, so I used a bit of wooden dowel as a former and rolled the inner lip in a little bit. 40mm with a slight stretch _should_ be ok, but these cars all sit a bit differently to each other, especially when lowered. The other option would be put little bit of camber on. 

Richiecole

Thanks for the reply Yeti,I think I’m going to try the 165/55/14 with a slight stretch route and see how it goes from there, then if needs be it’ll be a bit of arch rolling like you say. Thanks again.

Qwerty

165/55's work well. My brother runs the same setup on his mk2.

Richiecole

Thanks Qwerty, I think this is the route I’m going to take. Appreciate the reply.