Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Smig1003

Mk1 GT conversion won’t start

Smig1003

A couple of years ago I bought a project. Its a mk1f with a Mk2f GT engine conversion. I say conversion, but barely anything was installed (in the engine bay and to the inside of the car lol), just boxes of engine and interior parts, and a hacked loom.

Anyway, I’ve mechanically completed the engine install, with cam and crank timing aligned with markers, and the rotor arm pointing at the cylinder 1 marker on the dizzy. Next thing was the wiring. It has numerous cuts and joins. I’ve used the mk2f Haynes manual and made all the connections. I can get the car to turn over but not start. I get a spark, the fuel pump primes on the key, and when I rotate the dizzy (so hall sensor seem ok). I’ve got fuel at the fuel rail, but it appears that the injectors are not firing. It ran (badly) when I sprayed carb cleaner into the throttle body. I removed a spark plug and placed a thin length of paper into the plug hole and turned the engine over and there was no fuel on the paper. I unplugged the connector to the fuel rail, and got 10.5v at the feed wire to the injectors? 
Anyone have any ideas why no fuel to injectors? Could it be the ECU relay (is there a way of testing them)? Could it be the ECU (again, can this be tested)?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

19C6AA38-CB17-4D8E-A3E6-E921423D4280.jpeg

steveo3002

not aware of an ecu test thats affordable

id be checking the wiring again , make sure all the earths are right as a bad earth will kill the ecu , does it have the correct ecu relay or been messed about with  

Smig1003

It has the correct (impossible to find) ECU relay, and appears clean and undamaged. I also swapped the fuel pump relay (as I had a couple of spares) with no difference.

Where are all the body earths? I have battery neg-to-body, engine mount (near alternator)-to-body, and engine mount (near coil)-to-body.

I have an ECU earth to the battery neg, and another to a small earth point on a bracket near the lambda sensor connector.

Are there any other earths?

steveo3002

sounds about right ..who knows if its been messed with

so if you pull the fuel pipe does it spurt fuel out when the pump primes..are both pumps working?

Smig1003

I’ve disconnected each fuel pump in turn, and can hear the remaining connected one prime on turn of the key.

I disconnected the battery and then removed the fuel rail (hoping to find something obvious, which I didn’t) and lots of residual pressurIsed fuel came from the supply hose to the fuel rail. It seems like an electrical issue with the injectors not firing.

steveo3002

yeah not sure what else to say 

wonder if these would show if theyre gettng power...slim chance all 4 are stuck shut?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-VS213-Noid-Light-Set-6pc-Fuel-Injector-Signal-Fault-Test-GM-Ford-Bosch/113525240199?hash=item1a6ea1b187:g:WkQAAOSwUlFcMLyM

steveo3002

you could check with a meter or test light for live at the rail....** i think** it live all the time ign on and controlled with earth to the inj