Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Bar_Ry

RCD510 Bluetooth connection after upgrade

Bar_Ry

Evening all,

So, my Son has a 2014 Polo, it had an RCD 310 DAB in it, which we upgraded to the 510 DAB model, the 310 was the factory fit, and it also has the VW Bluetooth kit installed from factory.

It was an easy swap, but when setting it up, the Bluetooth button is greyed out. I thought it would just work, but it doesn’t :0/

Any idea why it’s not working off the original factory fit hands free kit 🤔

I was thinking maybe I could remove the hands free kit and just use the BT module under the seat?

The previous owner sent me a parrot kit that he’d been using with it, but it’s a mass of wires & plugs, and some wires are broken, so no idea where to start there!

thanks in advance for any help!

95111CF6-6F84-4EF4-909E-BAB57643A315.jpeg

nige8021

You probably need to tell the replacement unit there is a BT unit fitted via the coding of the radio and to do that you'll need VCDS 

• Thanks 1

Bar_Ry

Thanks, I’ll see if I can find someone in my area to do it, or maybe ask VW

Edited by Bar_Ry
Spelling