Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.

tme

Hi club polo, 

Was looking forward to starting my polo build but I have found difficulty in finding repair panels online. 

I have a mk2 coupe s

The only panel I can find is the sill. 

I need also the rear quarter around the filler cap, the right side wheel arch. 

Does anyone know where I can find these panels? 

If not are there any panels known from other cars that would be a good starting point to adapt and fit? 

Jim1500

You could try these guys although not cheap. Afaik they're the only place who do battery trays (you'll possibly need one)

https://www.carbodypanels4u.co.uk/volkswagen/polo/volkswagen-polo-3-door-hatchback-1981-1990-mk2/rear-wheel-arch

I managed to get an arch from ebay Germany for £50 posted and a tank for under £60 too. Worth using google translate or the like and having a hoke around there too. 

Not sure about the panel around the filler cap.

tme

Thanks for the tips. 

No luck on german ebay unfortunately.

Maybe I'll try the rest of Europe ebay. 

Only the breadvan arch available on carbodypanels4u. 

If I can't find the coupe arch maybe I'll try to combine the breadvan arch with a mk1 arch to get somewhere close. 

Yeti
On 18/05/2020 at 14:41, Jim1500 said:

You could try these guys although not cheap. Afaik they're the only place who do battery trays (you'll possibly need one)

https://www.carbodypanels4u.co.uk/volkswagen/polo/volkswagen-polo-3-door-hatchback-1981-1990-mk2/rear-wheel-arch

I managed to get an arch from ebay Germany for £50 posted and a tank for under £60 too. Worth using google translate or the like and having a hoke around there too. 

Not sure about the panel around the filler cap.

Just be careful ordering from there, they're actually 2 blokes working out of their house ordering stuff from their local motor factors. The one I spoke to is an utter bullshit merchant.

Jim1500
1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Just be careful ordering from there, they're actually 2 blokes working out of their house ordering stuff from their local motor factors. The one I spoke to is an utter bullshit merchant.

Good to know! I wasn't able to find the battery panel anywhere else online, the arch they had was working out at £60+vat+£20 postage. I'm pretty sure the panel I got from Germany was the exact same and was under £50 all in. In fact what the postage cost from Germany was £5 less than I was getting charged from England.

Guy I know worked in motor factors and there was a guy did that with them, we saw him with a stand at a show before, he bought the panels etc of them that week and basically doubled the prices.

Yeti

The problem I had with them was I ordered a couple of headlights for the Fabia, they came into them damaged, and by the sounds of it, they weren't doing anything about it until the parts place they bought them off had taken them back and done them a credit. They ignored my emails for 3 weeks and I finally managed to get one of their mobile numbers and do a "where's my F'n parts or money?" call. The guy firstly said he remembered the order, then tried to string me on that they're a big company taking thousands of orders a week and that he'd get his accounts department to look into it. I pointed out that my order number was a long string of zeros followed by four digits, so there was no way they were doing that many orders a week, and that their business address was a terraced council house.

I think basically it boils down to if all they've got to do is take a box in, stick a label on it and send it out again, they're spot on, but the moment anything goes wrong, they just ignore it because they've got the money.