Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Paddycfc22

Need some help on my polo 1.2 not starting

Paddycfc22

Hi, new to the forums seeking advice to solve this major problem.

I have a polo 1.2L S60   year 2012

My engine decided to die on me a few days ago and since then it's not been able to crank itself over. Just before it cut out my idle shot all the way up then back down again and then cut out. 

Error codes P0107 and P0341 came up so I changed the camshaft sensor and map sensor as this would of helped hopefully. But unfortunately not. 

The car still won't start and also changed the speak plugs but not a single one will ignite. Checked the fuel line and it's 100% getting into the engine.

I've honestly ran out of ideas and my mechanic friends can't figure this out all I can think is the ECU has fried or something along the lines. 

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

It might be an idea to recheck for fault codes now that you have fitted the new sensors, clear any codes that show and retest - look out for CRANKSHAFT position sensor fault (P0335 ??)

Does the engine 'turn over' OK on the starter?  - Low battery voltage could produce the symptoms that you mention, but if it cranks at 'normal' speed, the battery is probably in good order - there could be a poor connection or high resistance in other parts of the system though.

Regards