6N1 single DIN to Double DIN Radio

Zachchambers22

HI,   Ive been looking at my radio and i desperately want something touch screen so I dont have to faff about with my phone and a phone holder. but ive noticed that it looks almost impossible to change the 6N1 from single DIN to Double DIN as above the radio are the blowers and below is the fan control, there is a sort of cubby hole that isnt used for anything below that aswell, im assuming its for cars with air con, mine is just the 1.0 . So im just wondering has anyone out there converted the single DIN to a Double DIN sand what are the steps needed 

thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zachchambers22 said:

HI,   Ive been looking at my radio and i desperately want something touch screen so I dont have to faff about with my phone and a phone holder. but ive noticed that it looks almost impossible to change the 6N1 from single DIN to Double DIN as above the radio are the blowers and below is the fan control, there is a sort of cubby hole that isnt used for anything below that aswell, im assuming its for cars with air con, mine is just the 1.0 . So im just wondering has anyone out there converted the single DIN to a Double DIN sand what are the steps needed 

thanks

Hi Zach and welcome to the community.

The 6n only comes with a single din slot, so your choises are of course limited. You could however go for a slide out screen? I'm sure they're still made and might have features you're looking for.

17 hours ago, Dean said:

Hi Zach and welcome to the community.

The 6n only comes with a single din slot, so your choises are of course limited. You could however go for a slide out screen? I'm sure they're still made and might have features you're looking for.

okay cheers, i shall have a look into it.