Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Bawbag

3F GT idling high occasionally and flat spot in revs

Bawbag

Hi I’ve had a read of the FAQ and found the diagnostic page useful over the years, but now asking for some advice if anyone else has had the same. The engine has had good quality ignition parts including a genuine VW blue temp sensor about a year ago. The symptoms have been ongoing for longer than this so they aren’t stopping the car from driving but I’m keen to fix them.

1. The idle creeps up to about 1300 or so occasionally, and comes back down eventually. I think this is only when the engine is up to temperature. I’ve tried unplugging the blue temp sensor following the normal procedure of when engine is up to temp to reset ECU.

2. Two flat spots or ‘blips’ in the revs around 1700 and 2100 as the revs climb.

Any suggestions welcome. I’d be really keen to know how to test all the sensors too. I’m going to do a check of the blue temp sensor with a multi meter. Does anyone know how to test the throttle position sensor and any of the other sensors?

Cheers

Edited by Bawbag

steveo3002

order a vcds cable and software , connect it up and you can see the live actions of the tps and blue temp sender and many other parts 

id take a stab its the tps ....pulling the blue temp sender doesnt reset the ecu , you can clear or view fualt codes with the above software

Bawbag

Cheers steveo, I have access to VCDS I’ll just need to get the polo adapter. Is quite straight forward to follow, to read and clear faults?

Edited by Bawbag

steveo3002

yeah its not too hard to use , go through the measuring blocks one at a time to observe live data , iirc theres a fault code button for looking at that

Bawbag

Okay cheers I’ll write back and let you know how I get on