Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Danno707

Bluetooth v TPK music

Danno707

HI all

Just bought my 1st Polo and im having some difficulty with the installed RCD310.

The Bluetooth on the ICE is set ON.

1) I want to add my phone via bluetooth but my iPhone 8 does not find VW in its search list. The previous owner has installed a TPK_Music device already. This connects to my phone perfectly. Is this TPK device interfering with the RCD310 bluetooth ??

2) The DAB search struggles to find many stations. My Dads car and my Mums find loads so the reception is pretty good where we are. Any tips ? And if possible, should I consider changing the aerial for a Shark fin one (better ?)

Thanks in advance 

Danny

dvderlm

1) Rcd310 Bluetooth might be disabled by using aux input for the TPK device?

They could in theory coexist as Bluetooth receivers because there are sufficient radio frequency channels.

Here's how to setup guide that sounds plausible.

(i don't have an RCD310, but a radio cassette player)

https://askavwsalesguy.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/step-by-step-guide-to-set-up-bluetooth-on-your-volkswagen/

2) Here's info on DAB aerials that I found useful

https://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/star-rating/

I fit  an internal glass mounted amplified DAB only, plus a beesting for FM to a Skoda Octavia with a Pioneer retrofit.

Danno707

Thanks dvderlm

After viewing another YouTube vid I believe my Stereo has bluetooth capability. Unfortunately I don't seem to have a bluetooth module below the passenger seat so it looks like, No Bluetooth.

Regarding the DAB stations. We have added a few but not 2 or 3 I really wanted.

Is it an easy swap on a Polo to change the aerial to a Shark Fin ?

For better reception but also the looks.

Thanks.

nige8021

Preparation for mobile telephone “UTP with audio streaming”

The preparation for mobile telephone “UTP with audio streaming” is only available in conjunction with a radio unit or a radio navigation system.

On the “UTP with audio streaming”, two Bluetooth profiles are used:

HFP stands for “hands-free profile” and is a profile for telephone audio/voice channel. In this case pure voice data are transferred.

With the Bluetooth profile “A2DP audio streaming”, music files of the registered Bluetooth unit are sent to the UTP control unit in stereo quality. The volume of transferred data is then much greater than with pure voice data.

Telephone transmitter and receiver unit -R36- (Bluetooth unit)

Installed under front seat

718222859_RCD310Aerialsystems.thumb.jpg.be5341d3e1922da743ad651e9a7644e8.jpg

1595632888_RCD310Aerialsystems_001.thumb.jpg.6e548e611d47714fdbae696c69ac5a9e.jpg

If you do decide to replace the roof aerial with a sharks fin style, make sure it's a genuine VW item and not the "universal" crap that is seen on eBay 

Danno707

Thanks Nige.

In the end I just want better DAB reception. The R183 looks fine to me.

What about an aerial amplifier ?  Would this improve signal strength in DAB ?

I do have crackly AM so it seems one isn't currently fitted.

Thanks again 

nige8021

This is the aerial amp 

1575105173_VWAerialBase1.JPG.bebe502ffc8d781aea8a70998a0d15fb.JPG

100501107_VWAerialBase2.JPG.11e594f0546439d6201dbfa387ef005a.JPG

This is from a GPS one but they are all the same, you can see in the first picture the bent bit of copper strip at the right hand end of the base, this is the contact with the whip on the outside and they do get corroded so reducing the signal getting into the amplifier, so I would first remove the aerial from the car and dismantle it and clean this copper strip and the mating point inside the top cover 

Danno707

Again thx Nige.

Took apart my aerial and all was fine, no corrosion or damage.

Im gonna invest in a aerial signal booster for the radio. 

hope it helps me

Edited by Danno707
error