Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
JBrown

1998 Flash Red 6N 3Dr 1.0 L

JBrown

This is my 1998 6N Daily Driver.

It's a poverty-spec model - Fitted with a 1.0L engine, and three option extras: Passenger Airbag, Driver Airbag, and Power Steering.

The car is in good shape mechanically, cosmetically there are some issues, but there is minimal rust. The interior is tidy, and entirely original.

I hope to be able to post some more pictures as I modify the car slightly.

IMG_20200707_125654.jpg

JBrown

Update 1:

I have managed to source an original Sony CD Player (CDX-4160RDS) to install in the car which shall be replacing the original Sony Cassette Player (XR-3759).

Getting this to work was simple, it only required the re-positioning of some wires in the loom adapter, and an ISO-DIN Aerial adapter (Care of Halfords).

I am going to keep the original radio just in case I ever decide to revert the car to its stock form.

Screenshot_20200707_132720.jpg

JBrown

Update 2:

I decided that my wheels needed respraying as twenty two years had started to take its toll. There were some large rust patches as well as generous coating of surface rust.

I started by sanding down the wheels to remove any rust from the wheels, as well as any other imperfections.

I then cleaned the wheel with white spirit and masked up the tyres (although not too carefully as it was booked in for a new set the following week).

I started by spraying three coats of grey primer, followed by four coats of silver, and finally two coats of clear lacquer.

It came out a lot better than I had expected, and will look a lot better once the new tyres are on it.

IMG_20200613_211745_551.jpg

IMG_20200707_142127.jpg

IMG_20200707_142200.jpg