Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Jim1500

Mk2 dash lights

Jim1500

Checking through my bready electrics all fine and working but no dashlights or radio.  Radio could be a pulled wire when centre console came out/went in. 

Any ideas about dash lights? The clock is still working.

It's been a while since I've worked at the polo lol. Fuses in perspex box on bulkhead?

caretakerplus

When you say 'Dash lights', I take it that you are talking about the instrument illumination lights?

If so, there is a chance that the dimmer switch is turned right down and, even though the lights might be working, they are not bright enough to see (especially in daylight)

Those fuses quite often give problems, due to poor connections between the fuse and the fuse holder - It pays to clean the fuses and the holders from time-to-time -  A green pan scourer does a good job.

Regards

Jim1500

Cheers, when I get a chance this week to get out at it that's what I plan to do.

Actually mean the little coloured warning lights for battery, oil, full beam, etc aren't working at all.

dvderlm

Could be the supply or earth contacts at multiway connector, or the 3-pin voltage regulator on the flexible PCB.

Jim1500

Do you know how to disconnect the speedo cable to get clocks out? Going to maybe start with the connector at rear of clocks and try clean the contacts. I remember trying to remove the clocks years ago and struggling with the cable.

Where's the voltage regulator?

Cheers for help!