Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Eviljohn

TCA's on breadvan

Eviljohn

Hi polo peoples. Hope you're safe and well. 

Need to replace TCA's on my 1983 breadvan. Wondered if anyone had any xp on the different ones on offer, if any are the same just in a different box. 

At the moment, i'm leaning towards Moog ones. Found Lemforder for just a little more but read somewhere they may well have come from the same factory. 

Whatever i get is going onto a lowered but pretty much stock breadvan that gets used on standard roads and odd motorway trips. Doesn't get driven hard or ragged. Any other ones worth checking out would be appreciated too. 

Thanks for stopping by and any guidance you have on this.

Keep safe.

steveo3002

if its a few quid then id get lemforder ....otherwise i dunno its a lottery , i can tell you theyre not all the same as i had some where the casting didnt allow for poly bushe to fit as the hole was too big

i peel the rubber boot back and squeeze more grease in too

Eviljohn

Yeah i think it's just shy of a tenner more for either side for the Lemforder over the Moog. Also looks like the Lemforder comes with a new bolt, nuts and washers. 

Would that just be multi purpose grease or would you be using something else? Silicone, copper, lithium, heavy duty? 

steveo3002

i match whatever is in there , some have black moly grease like a cv joint others what looks like the brown multipurpose stuff 

Eviljohn

Cool. I'll see what's lurking in there when they rock up. 

Thank you very much and keep safe.