Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
fido69r

rear door window replacement

fido69r

Does anyone know how to get a new glass back into the rear passenger door window. (mk4 9N) seems to be no room for it to fit in there. Do I need to take something else off first?.. and how would I do it. I cannot find any tutorials anywhere on this. ..thanks

Yeti

I think (and it's just a stab from looking at a picture of the glass), drop the glass down into the door with the leading edge upwards and the trailing edge downwards, then turn it, so it's the right way up.

The catch is - I've got a sneaky feeling at you need to take the metal inner door card off, preferably with the regulator attached. Then get the glass in place and held in the up position (masking tape over the top of the door frame), then refit the regulator and door card. If you get the regulator raised/lowered to the right position, there should be a hole in the metal door card to access the bolt on the clamp that holds the glass. 

It's worth resealing the metal door card back to the frame with a decent sealant. They can leak quite badly on the fabia, so probably do on the Polo as well. 

Fiddly job that takes a bit of patience, but isn't that bad. 

fido69r

Thanks yeti....There was quite a bit more to it, that wasn't that obvious... I found some workshop manuals, that may benefit somebody somewhere, as there doesn't seem to be a lot out there relating to Polo's.

If chrome doesn't work on this link, try Firefox or another.

https://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/polo-mk4/body/general_body_repairs_exterior/glazing/window_mechanism/door_windows/rear_door_window_remove/

Edited by fido69r