Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.

1987 VW

Hello, was wondering if anybody could help me with an issue with my VW polo.

Have just changed carb gasket but still having running issues, the car will start fine, but after warms up and drives possibly 5 miles but as little as 1 mile, but the car has a bit of a kangaroo and then no matter how much you hit the accelerator the revs wont increase, and the car behaves like somebody too there foot completely off the accelerator and starts to slow down, and as soon as i press in the clutch to change down the car instantly switches off, then will not start for 5 mins after that, when i got it home noticed from the in line filter that when idling the fuel didn't seem to have much pressure and was barely flowing into the filter. Would anybody have any suggestions as to what the issue is, thanks.

dvderlm

In my experience gentle loss of power is fuel, sudden loss is ignition.

Rubber mounting gasket or carb body/top gasket?

How clean is inline filter?

Fuel pipe from tank blocked with rusty sludge? Remove inline filter, then  blast air down the pipe to put sludge back in the tank.

Fuel pump might be dying.

Needle valve in carb might have dirt, or the float might be rubbing on side wall of carb and not dropping enough to open if you took it apart.

Are all the vacuum tubes in good condition?

Vac leak usually manifests as too high idle, very hot running, but sudden cuts also possible.

1987 VW

It was the rubber gasket on it, the fuel filter is in good nick, previous owner put a new fuel tank in so there shoulder be any crap in it. I checked all the rubber hoses to make sure they were tight and not drawing any air, car not running hot either so wouldent be vac leak, im starting to think possible fuel pump?