Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
will-antirocks

How to fix your Headunit not saving settings!

will-antirocks

When your turn your car off does your head unit loose all your stored radio stations and settings???

All you need to do is:

1. Pull the head unit out

2. Locate the RED and YELLOW wires in head unit loom

3. Simply swap them!

This should fix the problem, BUT before you push the HU back in, try turning it on and off to make sure!

Hope this helps!

will

welshjack

Hello

I have JVC KD-G502 and i still get the problem afer checking the wires still get the same problem.

Please help

Simon

neil_dubgt

hmm, your car could have two perminant lives or sumat like that

on one of the wires, red or yellow there will be too bullet connectors on the same wire

put both wires into the same wire(so if the bullet connectors on the red put the red one in and the yellow in the other bullet on same wire)....it will be on perminantly but i think its the only way......just pop front off to turn it off..like i do lol

welshjack

Cheers ill try it and get back to you

welshjack

i know what i need now. need a new block!

Guest alexzander

Top advice, head unit is now working spot on!

It's appriciated thanks...

Trunkz

You might wanna add this to your instructions lol. When changing the leads, make sure you disconnect the leads (from the head-unit) to the ones from the car, otherwise when connecting the red to yellow / yellow to red leads, you will inevitably cause a short-circuit, and this may cause newbies to have a fit.

Even more so, when they discover that the central locking mechanism is not working, and this is due it sharing the same fuse as the headunit.. Just thought I'd give folks a heads up, as I was losing alot of hair over it.. until I figured out I just blew a fuse, and didnt actually need a new central locking pump =P

Quick Edit ~ (On a Polo 6N) Its fuse number 11, and its rated at 15A. (Blue colour fuse) You can get replacements from Halfords if needs be. I bought two for £1.50~odd. :)

Edited by Trunkz

tomjam

Swapping the red and yellow wires didn't work for me,so i got the power source from the clock in the dash which is always live. Now the stereo doesn't lose its settings.

If the head unit has a standby light on when its switched off,this will stay on even when the ignition is switched off,you'll have to make sure you flip the front off when you are not using it.

Duey
Quick Edit ~ (On a Polo 6N) Its fuse number 11, and its rated at 15A. (Blue colour fuse) You can get replacements from Halfords if needs be. I bought two for £1.50~odd. :)

or just nip to your local poundland, 25fuses and a fuse removal doofer/jobbie for a quid! no mini blade fuses tho...

mpsheen

I know this will bump a really old topic ,

As i was about to chop and swap my red and yellow cables i noticed that the JVC cable that came with the headunit had plugs half way down both red and yellow so it was a simple 5 second job, of swapping them over

And yes , it now saves settings :)

stevedub

i dont have any yellow or red cables as mine just plugs straight in to the headunit........................ so it wont save settings any ideas ?

m4ttyf

so to get this straight i just put the red wire to the yellow socket and the yellow wire to the red socket

elliott250990

Wont it run on a perm live if you swap them and drain the battery after a while tho? I did that with my other 6n and it drained my battery overnight? I had a sub and amp wired in too if that makes any difference?

m4ttyf

did you take the faceia of the stereo out

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.