McTangus

Maritime Blue 5 door....

McTangus

17092008623.jpg

Okay thought i'de post a thread showing the latest burst of progress on my mk4. I got my head down for a solid weeks work before the polo show to get my green beast looking presentable. 2 days after the show i had to go to Uni so it was the last time i was gunna get to drive it till christmas so wanted to make an effort! It was so much fun getting the work done, which I did all by myself with some help from my mates (removing bumpstrip sticky shit). And to complete all the things i had planned at the end and stand back was awsome....

17092008614.jpg

Basically i ordered coilovers 2 weeks before the show so i could hopefully fit em before the show but unfortunatly they turned up on the day I left for uni which sucked! So anyway....here's the spec of the 8v as it stands....

- custom hidden exhaust

- k&N

- omp lower strut brace

- poly bushes all around

- new wishbones

- polished rocker cover

- 15x7 Mim's fully refurbed in cream with custom centre caps 195/15/45 nankangs

- custom rear wiper blank

- 320mm steering wheel

- mk5 rears

- clear front indicators

- debadged grill

- genisis door speakers

- JBL 6x9's

- soon to have genisis sub and amp plus new head unit

- bullet arial

- 44. magnum valve caps

- smoothed out washer jets

- 40mm lowering kit....soon to have coilies (TA Technix) down as far as they will go....

- g40 front breaks...aparantly

- german'ish plates

- checkered tow cover

- fury dice

- few magic tree's

Anyways....heres all the pictures leading up the the polo show...all the work took about 6 days.....

06092008546.jpg

08092008559.jpg

08092008561.jpg

09092008570.jpg

10092008586.jpg

10092008591.jpg

10092008582.jpg

10092008593.jpg

08092008556.jpg

09092008568.jpg

10092008585.jpg

08092008552.jpg

08092008551.jpg

08092008550.jpg

09092008569.jpg

PoloShow08022.jpg

PoloShow08023.jpg

PoloShow08033.jpg

PoloShow08036.jpg

PoloShow08038.jpg

And so the journey started to get to the show....i didnt even get to clean her...we left at 11pm on saturday night!

PoloShow08039.jpg

PoloShow08045.jpg

I managed to polish my car up nicely for the show and shine on the sunday....i was so anoyed that i didnt get to fit the coilovers....it would of looked so much better!!!!!!!! Here are the pics of it that i took at the show.....

PoloShow08063.jpg

PoloShow08066.jpg

PoloShow08067.jpg

PoloShow08074.jpg

PoloShow08075.jpg

PoloShow08145.jpg

PoloShow08150.jpg

PoloShow08157.jpg

And the interior....

12062008268.jpg

Plans for the christmas holidays are to....

- remove most of the stickers....i got a bit excited, want a more clean look....

- fit coilovers

- get my sound system sorted...genisis parts being fitted etc....

- get these babies sprayed up (I smoothed them both myself in the summer....their just waiting to go on)

14062008281.jpg

10062008256.jpg

- 6n2 gti spliter

- single wiper kit

- rain/wind sheilds

- Order these again....15x8 et 25 .....i ordered them in the summer but they took to long and i needed the money back!

7-15-06_002.jpg

Let me know what you think....

Edited by McTangus

Guest Rowan1.0

pretty darn cool, did you do alot of that work yourself?

McTangus

yeah....all the painting, refurbing and fitting etc....bascially all the stuff in the pictures....was such a mission!

Gugz

wicked little progress thread mate, good to see you getting stuck in yourself and its turned out looking cool :D

chrisbin

loving it, get those wheels on mate :thumbsup:

McTangus

i'll be trying to put the money together to get them definatly....they're Rota Rb's....

I know black bonnets and roof's are common but i just went for it...havnt seen any dragon green 6ns with the same paint setup so what the hell....i think with the Rota's and valver bumpers it'll look mean...cant wait...

eurog40

i love them wheels i have a some that look the same in 13" on my G40 they look crazy

chrispy

great DIY project, and new wheel plans are great! rota rbs are lush wheels!

McTangus

in the summer i actually ordered a set from America...they were being shipped, but the dude who was selling them to me went to ship them and realized he had none stocked so I cancelled it and went ahead with refurbing the pretty standard Mim's.... :(

Guest raj1980

the polo is looking good mate. I couldnt help noticing the amount of garage space you have, i hate you! lol.

<3Nath<3
in the summer i actually ordered a set from America...they were being shipped, but the dude who was selling them to me went to ship them and realized he had none stocked so I cancelled it and went ahead with refurbing the pretty standard Mim's.... :(

have you tried v-werks mate? I'm looking at getting a set off there, altho they only have 1 offset in :?

looking good tho mate! respect all the work you've put in :thumbsup:

McTangus

have you tried v-werks mate? I'm looking at getting a set off there, altho they only have 1 offset in :?

looking good tho mate! respect all the work you've put in :thumbsup:

yeah looked on V-werks and they are about £250 more expensive than importing from America! Cheers man....

McTangus
the polo is looking good mate. I couldnt help noticing the amount of garage space you have, i hate you! lol.

Thanks man.....yeah its an old barn that my Mum use's! Really helpful!

McTangus

Need some advice....I've got front and back 16v bumpers that are smoothed and are ready to be painted. I'm thinking, as i cant afford them to be professionally painted, to paint them in matt black and swap them with my battered 8v bumpers when i fit my coilovers....this would mean it would be dragon green with matt black rear bumper, roof, mirrors, bonnet and front bumper.....what do you reckon?????? The main idea was that the 16v bumpers would look better than the 8v ones....

JLock

Id say save the bumper till after xmas once you get some monies then spend it on getting them pro. sprayed. I'm not really a fan of matt blacking things on a car i prefer just one shiny colour but thats just me :)

McTangus

know what you mean...its just I've thrown that away by painting the roof need bonnet matt black...i reckon matt black 16v bumpers will look smarter than crappy dented 8v ones!

alii-b

I'm in the photo!!!!

sippin a cream soda!!

yeahhh!

=P

McTangus

haha :grin:

Barkshire

thats a sweet 6n loving the black bonnet and roof.

keep it up

barkshire

Guest EllisVW

Nice whip, where you get that rear VW badge?

McTangus
Nice whip, where you get that rear VW badge?

its the standard one...i popped it off, masked up the plastic plate at the back, sprayed it cream, sprayed the badge black and stuck it back on....simple as....

McTangus

Well finances are stopping insurance happening for christmas so i wont be driving the polo back from London to Leciester where i live!! My mates offered to put me on his insurance so we can get it back home so hopefully that will happen, but in the mean time all my new parts are at home and my cars in London!! I managed to sort out a parking place in a heated and well lit underground car park so thats where she's bin for a while now...! The polo's sitting amongst a ferrari F60, an old wide arch M3, a bentley and really nice Merc, it looks really out of place!!! Heres some pics...

20112008878.jpg

20112008877.jpg

15122008906.jpg

15122008905.jpg

....soooooo in the mean time i have a few things I'm gunna get on with at home....

I'm gunna refurbish these....any ideas on potential centre colours??

keksin.jpg

And finish smoothing and painting my 16v bumpers....fingers crossed i'll be able to get my car home so i can fit everything and take some pics....

JoshM

some kind of brown?

or cream?

I'm jsut trying to imagine whats nice with dragon green

jsut not black lol

vpolo

cc with polished dish

McTangus
some kind of brown?

or cream?

I'm jsut trying to imagine whats nice with dragon green

jsut not black lol

yeah definatly not black and not a fan of dragon green centres either.... I was thinking this colour....

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2739/20072007372tk9.jpg

or just to stay safe and paint them silver? Anyone good at photshop? Its going to have black bumpers, roof, mirrors and bonnet....as well as the dragon green bits....so i need to find a colour that suits this scheme.....my cars gunna look so thrown together lol....