Alex

"Shed to Show Car" budget Euro Mk1 Clio build

Mclovin
"Welsh Coast Customs" I'm loving that :lol:

that made me chuckle i must admit, good effort :lol:

as for the car i like it, it may not be a full on in your face euro look car but from reading the write up i don't think its meant to be? its meant to be more of a car the young lad next door could build on his minimum wage ain't it? 5.5k is a little steep for a budget car but as mentioned if the body work had been good to start with then the cost of the respray wouldn't of been needed, plus all the work has been done by professionals at cost, if you took this out of the equation by doing the work yourself then that £5.5k budget would be slashed.

just get that reverse rake sorted out pronto, its got the stance of most of the slammed mk3 polo's on here :lol:

jc25

do something with £1000! thats slightly more realistic for most people of a young age, and do it on VW! and use scrap parts and parts off forums etc, i reckon ull have as much fun! but yeh the clio is to max power for me as wel, but appreciate the point your putting across. good job

spilz
More filling means more cash, simple as!

Still needs some loose ends tied up, definitely.

fair enough, but i doubt they would charge a fat lot more if you were having the whole car resprayed anyway.

maybe the ice could of waited, but I've never been a fan of subs n shit.

heartagram

I just find it funny that people are always banging on about thinking outside the box and doing something different. Then someone takes the "VW style" and applies it to something thats not a VW and people start to call it shit and all the rest of it. I have more respect for someone going out there and trying the same style on a different car than someone who buys your average VW, with some cheap-o coilovers and some massively wide wheels that don't fit. Clio looks like its been done really well which is what half the people on here probably couldn't say about there own car.

I think the car looks really well. Personally I'd not roll the Lenso rims cause I like my wheels and I'm a bit of a ponce when it comes to them but they give you an idea of how well the car can look on that style of wheels. The paint work looks like it was done well and the colour sets of the car. Its not to in your face but it definitely stands out from your average PH3 Clio.

No wonder so many car enthusiasts think dubbers are a bunch of cocks when you go on like that. I think Max has come a long way since its early days. When it used to be about huge body kits and women getting there tits out at cruises.

willirons

waste of time and money.

mark_crox
waste of time and money.

Any particular reason?

getmoregetmint

Gotta question Alex.

With the amp covered like that, is it getting enough air as to not overheat? Or is that face showing through the build enough to cool it down?

Clio's looking good man :)

adam-polo

i think it looks awesome !!

Alex

Blimey, interesting seeing this one come back to life!

waste of time and money.

Ok. And modding a Polo is different how?

Gotta question Alex.

With the amp covered like that, is it getting enough air as to not overheat? Or is that face showing through the build enough to cool it down?

Clio's looking good man :)

Didn't have any issues with it overheating while we had it tbh. And this spent a few weekends kicking out French rap music in summer heat. Under the panel there is a large compartment which was ventilated, it wasn't wedged into a tight space.

Do miss this car - it went off in the hands of a new owner back in January and it's not resurfaced on any forums since. It's my first feature car (though the Polo has had far more column inches in its time). But I've built two more cars since, for the mag. A Yaris and a Kia Soul. It's my favourite part of the job.

Good to know Kam gets it. Think he's summarised my feelings on the scene at present.

willirons

Polos are cool.

The clio looks so boring.. and 5.5k...haha oh, the things i could do to a polo for 5.5k.

Lenso bsx's... nice steels would look better. IMO!! Polos have so much character, whereas i feel the clio looks so standard and boring. obviously I'm very biased, but thats why this site is called clubpolo, I'm sure clubclio (if there is such a thing) would cry if i spent 5.5 on a 1043cc polo. haha. over and out x

m4ttyf

got to say i like it i think its different and it all seems to work well the only thing that bothers me is the back looks bland not bad just like theres abit to much space i dont know the smooth look never really did it for me but each to there own just glad to see older motors getting a second chance instead of meeting the scrap man

and good man for seeing the potential

Cutmore
But I've built two more cars since, for the mag. A Yaris and a Kia Soul.

You got a thread or pictures on that, unusual choice?

adam-polo
Polos are cool.

The clio looks so boring.. and 5.5k...haha oh, the things i could do to a polo for 5.5k.

Lenso bsx's... nice steels would look better. IMO!! Polos have so much character, whereas i feel the clio looks so standard and boring. obviously I'm very biased, but thats why this site is called clubpolo, I'm sure clubclio (if there is such a thing) would cry if i spent 5.5 on a 1043cc polo. haha. over and out x

jesus live a little ther are better cars than polo's :roll: lol

Prox
just a typical max power car to me to be honest mate and I'm not into it colour looks good tho

Is it though? No bodykit, minimal ICE, small and subtle wheels...

i wouldn't call them 'small'.

Personally i would've went for like 14's, and yeah definitely something OEM.

but i guess it's still quite nice :)

Alex.

adam-polo
Polos are cool.

jesus live a little ther are better cars than polo's :roll: lol

u serious?!?!? haha

yes mate look outside might be 1 out ther

adam-polo

seriously. do u ever go out or jus sit in wit sum tissues lookin on google at polo images ?? :p

adam-polo

thought u wer to scared to look out ?! so how u go out ?

Matt.G

Stop flirting you two.

He's got the money to do it, so leave him to it, fair play.

Probably not the best place to put a french car on a polo forum haha.

H@wK£R

Kam, What made you bring up a thread from over a year ago? Haha

chopper87

I can agree with both parties here, i can see why people are asking 'why dont you post on a clio forum'

and i can see why some say its good. Peronally I'm not a fan of anything french but if we all had the same opinion

then it would be a very boring world. Seems good that someone wants to share his work on this very popular and great forum,

polos have a good rep and why spoil that?

lets play nice guys.

chris

Alex

I'm not getting into an argument over this, but the Dub scene still surprises me with its ability to not be interested in anything unless at the bare minimum it's made in Germany. I've been out to meet the full spectrum of the modded community and I tell you what this is the only scene where you'll get told to fuck off for not having the right badge on your bonnet.

But hey, whatever. We're all entitled to opinions. Mine being that the Polo is cool, but no more than any other shopping trolley of its era.

CBA posting up pics of other projects on here tho tbh. Google the Kia Soul forum if you're interested, but for god's sake don't come back on here moaning that I've modified something Korean. It's just boring ;)

robdaviesss
just a typical max power car to me to be honest mate and I'm not into it colour looks good tho

Alex.

where does it say small anywhere in that quote?

CarbonImage

Alex.

where does it say small anywhere in that quote?

there

Prox

Lmfao...

Gugz

This thread is the reason this site is gay and immature :lol:

My girlfriends just recently bought a white mk2 facelift clio and we fitted 16" black centred bsx's and 40mm lowering springs for a laugh, its her little run around but we still enjoyed modifying it and thats what the games all about

some of the losers on here seem to debadge their polo's and ram the badge up their asses