Jarno6N

mk4 Polo 1.8 20v bi-turbo on ITB's

Jarno6N
LoL. Yeah, THATs the expensive bit!

:lol:

Staley333
Well, the mk4 Polo Bi-Turbo has been driving around some time now, visited VW Outlaws and MIVW this season, and the owner already grew tired of the engine, so he ordered some minor parts for the cilinderhead, in order to ditch the hydro-bits 'n bobs, and go fully mechanical on the cams. Higher lift, and more importantly, more rev's! Max. will be set at 8500 RPM.

Been a b1tch of a project to get all the mechanic tappets in properly, but in the end it finally got finished, and we just had to film the first starting attempts! Inlet-plenum was still off, due to the need to recalibre the throttlebodies' positions for stationairy idling. All was done indoors at Hulsen Turbo Tuning, owner of the infamous mk2 Golf 2.0 20vT with 700+ BHP on the front wheels :wub:

Unfortunately we forgot to properly tensioned the auxillary belt, so please ust forget the screaming belt :lol:

is it just me or did it sound like something was scrubbing? got any more videos, i want to hear this beast while its running at 8000 rpm :p

Jarno6N
is it just me or did it sound like something was scrubbing? got any more videos, i want to hear this beast while its running at 8000 rpm :p

Nope, it's not you, the squeeling noise is what you mean right? If you were to understand Dutch, you would have heard me asking "slipping auxillary-belt?" and the owner responding " Jup, forgot to tension it, but doesn't matter, will stop making that noise when the belt heats up enough" :lol:

No vid's on 8000+ RPM, still needs its standalone reprogrammed for the new cams, not safe to start revving it now.

Tech-Ho

Any Pictures of the rear bumper? really wanna do it with my 6n but wanna see what it looks like ..

richibobs

Amazing :D

VW-Eddy

this 6n is incredibly. great work mate

Edited by VW-Eddy

ireedeejay2
Still WOW :D

Love the bumpers, always wanted to seen 6n2 ones on a 6n :)

6n2 bumper on a 6n... do they fit or do they need modding at all ???

I wanted to do this few weeks ago...but after you'll see the pics, u will understand why is not possible to fit 6n2 rear bumbper on a 6n1...the only thing that fits is the tailgate, wich i allready bought from spares.After the mounting i'll show you some pics, but first of all i had to paint it...

My question is what did you use to fill the rear wiper hole ???...i want to get rid of this wiper but i don't know what to use to fill the gap...

Thanks man, and nice car indeed!Cheers!

post-22472-1308056959.jpg

post-22472-1308056964.jpg

post-22472-1308056971.jpg

post-22472-1308056977.jpg

post-22472-1308057297.jpg

Edited by ireedeejay2

Jarno6N

Thanks, but it's not MY car, it belongs to a good friend of mine, who isn't that well-equiped with English ;)

That wiper, is a acryllic glass plate, shaped for the mk4 rear window, in exactly the same colour, that's glue over the wiperhole to cover it up. We from VW Polo Club Holland sell them.

ireedeejay2
I filled my hole with sikaflex and placed a glass plate from cult-society.

http://www.cult-society.net/de/online-stor...category_id=227

@ Jarno6N : dank je wel for the quick answer :-D

@ Ronhap : thanks for the link...very usefull indeed!!!

I wonder how hard was to transform that 6N2 bumper for 6N1..some pics will help us alot...was a very brilliant idea to do that.I still want to change my real bumper with a 6N2 one...

Edited by ireedeejay2

Jarno6N

Not that hard, just requires some plastic-welding skills. Don't think I have any more pictures of the process though, sorry :(

Just take the top part of a mk4 bumper, bottom of a mk5 bumper, cut both horizontally and weld them together, that's the entire thing in a nutshell ;)

ireedeejay2
Not that hard, just requires some plastic-welding skills. Don't think I have any more pictures of the process though, sorry :(

Just take the top part of a mk4 bumper, bottom of a mk5 bumper, cut both horizontally and weld them together, that's the entire thing in a nutshell ;)

I think the top part from an 6n1 was very thin piece to fit the arch, and very difficult to cut, alot of measurements i guess...what tool they used to cut the bumper?

FitzleBerry

Looks good man! i am paying to have my hybrid bumpers made up! :D x