alexnessie

Stock speakers on Mk2/2f?

alexnessie

I'm going to sound like such an idiot.

So I've decided on either a MK2 or MK2F (MK3?) Polo, coupe or bready.

First thing to do will be a decent audio setup.

Without putting holes in doorcards or chopping bits up, where on these models are the stock speakers located?

MK2 Coupe?

MK2 Bready?

MK2F/3 Coupe?

MK2F/3 Bready?

I tried looking through the first seventy pages (I'm not joking!) and I had a quick search too but didn't find anything.

I'm not stupid, I promise!

EnthusiastOwned™

10cm speakers up front in the dash - All mk3's have these

4x6 speakers in the rear (next to the parcel shelf) - all mk3's have this space, but only some were fitted as standard so wires may need to be run.

Thats it, in short, standard MK3 speaker sizes are pap.. Audioscape doors pods come up for sale every now and then for about £100 which allow 6.5" speakers.

alexnessie

4x6 speakers in the rear (next to the parcel shelf) - all mk3's have this space, but only some were fitted as standard so wires may need to be run.

Thats it, in short, standard MK3 speaker sizes are pap.. Audioscape doors pods come up for sale every now and then for about £100 which allow 6.5" speakers.

About the 10cm speakers, is it a single one in the centre or one on left, one on right?

Also do you mean MK3 as in 6n/2 or MK3 as in MK2F?

I wasn't sure what MK3 meant as I've seen it be used for both.

To clarify for anyone else, in the OP, I mean MK3 as in MK2F, sorry if I'm being dumb.

Edited by alexnessie

Guest GTwannabe

About the 10cm speakers, is it a single one in the centre or one on left, one on right?

To clarify for anyone else, in the OP, I mean MK3 as in MK2F, sorry if I'm being dumb.

Mk3 (3f's) have one 10cm speaker each side in the dash. So TWO speakers up front, space for 2 speakers at the back.

ray2k

Mk3 (2f's) have one 10cm speaker each side in the dash. So TWO speakers up front, space for 2 speakers at the back.

alexnessie

Thanks for clearing that up guys, much thanks!

tobyk

Mk2s have space for a 6x4? I think in the dash, and 2 6x4s in the rear shelf supports.

MikeyMK

MK2

Front - one 4x6 in centre of dash

Rear - one 4x6 in each of the two shelf mounts.

MK2F

Front - one 10cm in each end of the dash.

Rear - same as pre-facelift model.

philpheasant

Front either side are actually 8cm ( 3 1/2") and the 10cm will not fit unless the dash has been cut, rears are 6x4 though.

Kev8519

Hi could someone please tell me how to remove the speakers from the dash