little red pocket rocket

cool cheap mods ?

little red pocket rocket

what sort off cool cheap mods do you lot do on your mk3's the g40 shape (: ,

thanksss (:

captin_urbis

surley this is in the faq section?

my mk3

well, bumpstrip removal, mk2 golf mirrors fitted, black badges, tinted lights, striped interior, free raddo seats (not cheap like lol) think thats all the cheap mods...unless lowering springs for £20 quid lol

Le catweasel

Depends what you consider to be cheap tbh, I'm busy buying coilovers for £150 ish - which i think is cheap compared to the £600 or more sets that are out there....

SCO_OLOP

cheapest mod for me....... unscrew long aerial

• Love it 1

indy231

First of all you would have to define cheap?

ray2k

Number 99 relay for variable intermittent wipers. 50p :)

Sleapy

Take the rear wiper off?

Red stripes in the bumpers?

beeby11

take the ariel off, debadge, club polo sticker :D

little red pocket rocket

When i mean cheap i mean those silly little things like fluffy diece , or the red strips in your bumper , de-badgin , painted my badges green , sticking fridge magnets down spelling polo on the boot ,

thats what I've done so far ,

was thinking paining the horn push on the wheel , the heater control surround ,

ect ect ... ,

i like my big long chrome aerial ha ,

cheers (:

Alex

Painting the horn push surround will look gash dude.

As will painting the heater control surround (unless you paint around the head unit, the ash tray and the area around the headlight switch to match, and even then it's sketchy)

I'd buy a pack of bungs, remove the rear wiper and front aerial.

Strip off the rub strips, that's an easy job.

Lose the Catalyst badge, if you haven't already done so.

Clear indicators and side repeaters, and the half tinted rear lights.

Should look smart then!

Polo GT/G40 or Scirocco seats are cool too.

Mclovin

16v conversion, cost so far - nothing

don't get much cheaper than that :lol:

little red pocket rocket
Painting the horn push surround will look gash dude.

As will painting the heater control surround (unless you paint around the head unit, the ash tray and the area around the headlight switch to match, and even then it's sketchy)

I'd buy a pack of bungs, remove the rear wiper and front aerial.

Strip off the rub strips, that's an easy job.

Lose the Catalyst badge, if you haven't already done so.

Clear indicators and side repeaters, and the half tinted rear lights.

Should look smart then!

Polo GT/G40 or Scirocco seats are cool too.

done the rub strips (Y) ,and now youve said that i might give the paining inside a miss thanks dude ,

"Lose the Catalyst badge" do you meant the badges on the boot ect yea ? , all gone (: ,

thanks ,

polovw4

Sorry but I can't remember much about the interior of the mk3 but in my mk4 when I first got it the speaker grilles were that minging grey colour. All I did was got a pair of black tights and taken the grills off and covered them with the tights two or three layers will do. And you can use any colour tights you can find but when you clip the grills back over the speakers they look mint compared to the standard finish. It's just a cheap mod but everyone who seen it afterwards were more interested in them than my new momo steering wheel! Just thought I'd share the tip, you maybe able to do the same if you wanted to.

Enjoy

little red pocket rocket
Sorry but I can't remember much about the interior of the mk3 but in my mk4 when I first got it the speaker grilles were that minging grey colour. All I did was got a pair of black tights and taken the grills off and covered them with the tights two or three layers will do. And you can use any colour tights you can find but when you clip the grills back over the speakers they look mint compared to the standard finish. It's just a cheap mod but everyone who seen it afterwards were more interested in them than my new momo steering wheel! Just thought I'd share the tip, you maybe able to do the same if you wanted to.

Enjoy

Yeaa that sounds wicked , this is the sort of ideas I'm after :D ,

my mate once did the same with a pair of pink tights over his rear lights ha ,

polovw4

Enjoy

Yeaa that sounds wicked , this is the sort of ideas I'm after :D ,

my mate once did the same with a pair of pink tights over his rear lights ha ,

well in my polo I did the front dashboard speakers but I popped the little vent out of it and clipped that back in after il try and get some photos this weekend. And the front door speakers just pop the grills off by forcing a screwdriver down the side and pop em out just becareful! Don't break the clips!

I also found some chrome dials for a fiver on eBay bargain as they cost £25 new and they were brand new.

But if I was you save your pennies up for some lightweight speakers to replace all the standards you can get it cheaper than you think if you scan halfords bargain cabinet or eBay also check us and other foreighn eBay sites for vw polo 6n etc you will be surprised what bits you can get cheap.

Just stay clear from tacky interior sprays as they never last and rarely look good, the secret is save your money and spend wisely!

Another option is to tint your windows get it done properly you don't have to go pitch black but light smoke even looks mint. But as far as cheap mods go don't make it look tacky by making it too cheap, keep it smooth and clean mate.

deviance

Di-noc carbon wrapping :D

Salty

Cost when finished :crybaby:

Mine starts next month, gonna see how that one goes...

Mclovin

Cost when finished :crybaby:

Mine starts next month, gonna see how that one goes...

Cost when fished was about 7 quid for an alt belt :lol:

Every thing else I got for free for doing a mate a favour

MattLoaf

What kind of favours are you doing for people 0.o

01mlacey

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

erixtar1992

i want in on these favours! haha

Edited by erixtar1992

Mclovin

Buy me a AFH conversion and i'll show you :unibrow:

Story is he comes and asks me if I want to buy a polo he had just bought to weigh in, I had no cash but went to look at it any way and it turns out its a 16v 6n. I told him I'd double what he would get weighing it in if I could have the engine, which I did by breaking it on here and he weighed what was left in. He got double what he was expecting, I got a free AFH conversion, and bitch next door got to listen to us cutting up the shell with angle grinders on a Sunday morning, deals just don't come much sweeter than that tbh :lol:

Leon

sounds awesome to me, but are you sure there wasn't some men making you do things that you don't want to talk about?

Mclovin

If I said no would you believe me? :paranoid:

Leon

no :paranoid: