LouisVaLver

Brake Light Switch

LouisVaLver

I think my brake light switch has gone. Does anyone know how to replace it ?

xkarinx

Take the old one out, it's the purple thing on the brake pedal so easy enough to find

I got my new one from euro car parts

On the new one, make sure the plunger is pulled all the way out. Then press the brake pedal down as far as it will go and put the switch in place in the bracket, with the wiring part at the top but about 45° anti clockwise. Then you have to hold the switch in place so that it doesn't move and release the brake pedal. You'll hear the plunger click. Once you've done this, turn the switch 45° clockwise until it clicks into place. Connect the wiring and hey presto.

It's pretty easy, but just make sure you test your brakes once you've changed it. When I did mine the switch hadn't been turned enough and my brake lights were going off when the pedal was pressed and coming on when it wasn't :lol:

Hope that helps a bit anyway

panda

^^

perfect guide... infact, i'm going to pin it.

willson1992

If it's the 6n, sometimes if you lift the brake pedal up, the light will stick on, I made the mistake of buying a new one X3 when i did it, But then i realised that you can just pull the plunger back out and it work=s fine again

hah

a

dadude01

welll i best go and try this before a big burly black dude nearly runs into the back of me again and gets out to kick off beacue my brake lights "arent working"...... no mate they are working, they just stay on and it looks like i have my lights on :p

Edited by dadude01

nige8021
does anyone know the part code for a switch off a 6n2?

191945515B switch - brake light / 2 pin

1J0945511D switch - brake light / 4 pin

I think yours should be the "4 PIN" but check before you order 8-)