Matt G40

Young Drivers Insurance.

MattLoaf

Looked up the insurance on some 90's Volvos earlier. A 1996 Volvo 850 S, 170BHP, AWD, 2.5L was under a grand for me :badgrin: Turbo models are still silly money though.

eddy92

Just to add, putting your car under the night time storage of "Garage" will 9 times out of 10 increase the insurance, this is because if your car magically set fire in the middle of the night the insurance company also has to pay for the damage to the garage.

Putting it so it is on a "drive" if you have one is always the best option i have found.

Also another hint, if anyone has been riding around on a CBT liscence and has generated motorcycle no claims always ask about them! you will be surprise how many companies actually accept them, I'm with LVE and they add my 2 years bike no claims as well as my car no claims :wink:

Edited by Eddy92

ClaireBear

I am 30 been driving since June and pay 1,500 so think some of your quotes are quite good as I only have a 1.2

eddy92
ClaireBear Posted Today - 1:54pm

I am 30 been driving since June and pay 1,500 so think some of your quotes are quite good as I only have a 1.2

Wow! I am only 20 and with my 2 year bike no claims mine is £860 O.o

ClaireBear
ClaireBear Posted Today - 1:54pm

That was the cheapest of the lot in the end, I had priced up as a learner and then claimed as the main and only driver of car while still learning so I don't know if it was because I had a provisional that did it

MattLoaf
That was the cheapest of the lot in the end, I had priced up as a learner and then claimed as the main and only driver of car while still learning so I don't know if it was because I had a provisional that did it

Your location will be playing a big part in that. From my experience the further from the city you are the cheaper it gets. My first policy was under £800, myself being 18 at the time and I had been driving for 10 months. That dropped to about £690 for my second year.

ClaireBear

Your location will be playing a big part in that. From my experience the further from the city you are the cheaper it gets. My first policy was under £800, myself being 18 at the time and I had been driving for 10 months. That dropped to about £690 for my second year.

well I'm 30 minutes from two major cities. I have a drive but although my street is quiet it was known as a rough area

Craig_fell

Which insurance company can you use a bike no claims with mate?

eddy92

I'm with Liverpool Victoria or "LVE" as most people will know it as, quite a few will do it, just always ring up and ask directly otherwise you never know :lol: .

Aleks

Hi chaps, recently bought an L reg 1l, managed to get a quote from Tesco at £956 as the main driver with my father and sister in law added on. I'm 22 and only just passed my test earlier this month. The guy on the phone then asked for my club card number, which reduced the quote to £756.

lukepolo86c

i have a 1.0l polo coupe and my insurance was like 3800, until i realised when i learned to drive in my own car it was only just over a thousand, i put my self on it as full uk when i passed and then put my girlfriend on it as a learner with a provisonal and it went down to 1200. i was well please and even when the provisonal passes it will not affect you as you are the main driver.

the best way i find to lower insurance is just to put yourself as the main and a provisonal as a learner as a named ? dropper 2600 :)

rixta95

I've with CoOp young drivers currently but had an incident and the guy claimed for vehicle damage.

I'm 19 and have been driving a year but i cant seem to find insurance that will allow me to declare mods(or any at all), i have a 1.0ltr polo 6n2. mom and dad on my policy currently but i checked to see if co op would insure me and they said no due to claim,

i dont know anyone who will insure me with 0 NCB and a claim!

i also dont know how much the claim was worth as CoOp didnt tell me!

i dont mine having no mods for another year but would be better if i could have mods, trying to get quotes of 2200 or less (payed 1300 orinornally with CoOp and dropped to around 1050 after 3 months of good driving (despite claim))

VWLex

Admiral seem to be stupidly cheap for old polo's.... Not golf's though :(..

22, 1yrs NCB with a modded mk2. £600 a year fully comp..