Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

MK1 16V - OEM

higgo

MoustacheG40

Looks good all laid out together. For the record (for you keen followers, max) He found motivation through me i reckon, it's gotta be. Now i'm looking for a polo again, it's give him a boost to get back on it!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• higgo

• B-shaw

• MaxGT

• harris.racing

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will just slip this in here.....    

you need a 'powered by pikeytech' sticker for it now dan

Lack of strength i heard??

Posted Images

MoustacheG40

You ain't selling nothing son, the car isnt going for a fact, and the engine is staying in it, well, my engine is staying in it lol

I have a 1.6 bottom end on it atm, Its the engine that was running silly quick at action, smoked though didnt it, cant work out why as the bottom end looked fine, head I know is sweet, so must have been the Hg when I mated them, I didnt skim the head, so probably is that, I have the full setup, both bottom ends, if you wanted it Pm me an offer ;)

erixtar1992

yeah dont really make sense that! was a bit of a smoker, haha!

not sure what itd be worth! not that i have any money right now anyways lol

harris.racing

Good to see you've finally found enthusiasm mate!

Maybe interested in the engine - may go well with bodies and a some excitable cams

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I guess I may have to change the topic title as there are now half the amount of valves as there were back when this thing last made noises! The car sat off the road for over 4 years before I began a full strip down and rebuild. All of the rust and rot was removed from the shell and has gone through a large amount of transformation. 

As seen in the previous images the car has now got a 6point cage, stitch welded chassis and a lot of changes to the front end to allow for a removable fibreglass front end. 

Most of the modifications are in line with enabling me to have great serviceability while racing and enjoying the car mainly for sprint and hill climb racing. 

the AFH power plant has moved out and a 1.3PY G40 in its place. I will start with a relatively stock engine setup and get this run in after a full rebuild before the power modifications begin. 

Engine spec:

GT inlet

de-wedged TB

FMIC

Stainless system (to be fit) 

65mm 5pk belt 

ported charger (unsure of amount. Will get serviced and rebuilt once proven running setup)

The cad has many upgrades including mk1 golf coilovers. 4pot brakes. Stage 3 subframe to name a few. 

Do we still have to get image URLs to post images here? 🧐

9258DC3C-82DA-47CB-BB70-E7D43E751F36.jpeg

Edited by higgo
  • Love it 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2021 at 10:39, foreststu said:

@higgo Awesome! Are you intending to do a retro racing livery?

Yes I will be 👍

• Like 1