person8012

Remote Locking Kit 9N3 Polo

person8012

I purchased a remote locking kit (http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=671t) for my 9N3 polo and I am having some problems fitting it. I have found the blue/white lock/unlock wire in the drivers door panel. However I could not figure out where it came into under the steering column. Nor could i figure out how to remove the panels to get a closer look. Does anyone know the best place to mount the kit and/or where to find a 12v permanent wire to connect to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Toby

dixynormous

Hi,

I went down this route and I could never get it working properly.

I would not recommend fitting this kit to the 9n3.

What I did was replaced the central locking ecu with one with a remote antenna, and used an original vw flip key, works perfectly and I didn't have to damage any wiring. For me it was plug and play really simple.

I will post up the link to the guide as it explains everything .

Hth

graham d

I've got the RightClick kit fitted to my 9n3, however I took it to a car electrician and for a sum of £20, it's working fully and has all the functions too.

dixynormous

Hi,

Here's the link to the guide

Here

Imo Much easier then trying to fit the click, and possibly failing and damaging something, and you get genuine vw parts.

person8012
Hi,

Here's the link to the guide

Here

Imo Much easier then trying to fit the click, and possibly failing and damaging something, and you get genuine vw parts.

Cheers, the guide says that its for the 9n I was wondering whether its all the same for the 9n3? When i was looking at some of the parts they said it was for cars up to 2004, obviously 9n3 came after that so i was worried i would buy all these parts and it wouldn't work.

dixynormous

Hey buddy,

It's all the same, I fitted those parts to my 56reg 9n3 without any problems.

I bought all my bits off eBay and I didn't have to use vagcom I just plugged it in and it work so I didn't bother.

Hatters

Where is the ECU? Everyone says its above the brake pedal, but all I can see is a black box with lots of wires going into it. I can't find the same shape ECUm that is in the guide you linked to. Can you help?

oliverd1981

It's the CCU you're looking for rather than the ECU...

Just above the clutch pedal there's a small bit of ventillation ducting that diverts hot air onto your feet - you ned to revove this - (1 bolt and a wiggle)

Above the clutch pedal you'll now find a blue switch - the CCU is above this in a kind of holster. You'll need to wiggle and pry to get this off (i think if you push it upwards the tabs sit in a keyway).

Once free the holster slides of the CCU an you can see the serial number etc. cables all enter from the top and may be stiff.

There is nothing else you can remove that will help you get to the unit - so don't bother.

aahmad
On 10/06/2011 at 12:29, dixynormous said:

Hi,

I went down this route and I could never get it working properly.

I would not recommend fitting this kit to the 9n3.

What I did was replaced the central locking ecu with one with a remote antenna, and used an original vw flip key, works perfectly and I didn't have to damage any wiring. For me it was plug and play really simple.

I will post up the link to the guide as it explains everything .

Hth

Hi sorry im new to this.  Were did you buy the cetral locking ecu. My wifes polo 2008 key fob is not working. I checked and the transponder and battery are fine.