polocollector

POLO to CADDY

polocollector

Hi guys, just got my hands on a Mk2 caddy van. Just as a a daily through the up comming winter.

Just a quick question.

I know that its sort of based on the mk4 polo (dash, engines etc) But how many of the bits are the same?

The main two things i would like to know:

Will the front bumper from a 16v polo fit my caddy? as i have a spare. ( I'm not sure if they are actually SEAT ones?)

And, Will the front seats from a 16v Polo fot the runners in my caddy? as i have spares for that too!

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT?

or if u got any pics of caddys, post em up to give me ideas! :)

Ill start a proper build thread with pics soon, once i get going!

EDIT: Also, i have a mk2 polo S Steering wheel.... Are the splines the same size, anyone know?

Edited by polocollector

prankstar2003

I though these were based on the Ibiza/Polo variant?

Leon

the bumper wont fit mate, the caddy is wider than a polo, Ibiza or cordoba bumpers may fit? and I don't have a clue on the steering wheel sorry.

Fountain

i think the mk 2 caddy shares similarities with the polo saloon, and i dont know why youd wanna put a 16v bumper on it, the bumpers are very very similar any way, i think if you really want the bumper to go to use, you should give it to me ;) haha

polocollector

My caddy bumper is a bit ropey, And i have a fresh SMOOOOTHED mk4 polo bumper in the shed.

I'll see

Found out that mk4 polo seats fit in the mk2 caddy if that info helps anyone else :)

hayesey

yes these are based on the polo 6n variant/ibiza rather than the 6n hatchback. Most bits are the same except the front end is longer so things like the bumper from a 6n hatch wont fit.

They are ideal for putting a tall block engine out of an ibiza into and better suited for other conversions such as 20vt than a 6n hatch as you've got more room in the engine bay to play with.

I'm pretty sure the mk2 steering wheel wont go in, even a mk3 Polo has different splines

polocollector

Think i MIGHT look into putting something like a 1.6 petrol 8v into it sometime in the spring.

Steering wheel wise, the mk2 one i have fits mk3s.

And my old momo from a mk4 fit my corrado, are they not all just large spline, or small spline? or is that wrong?

GazzP87

My polo gti 6n2 2001, is getting a refresh of new seats and steering wheel. I’ve recently got a mk2 caddy pickup. Can anyone tell me what will be a direct fit into the caddy from the 6n2 polo? 

Yeti

Not a huge amount to be fair, the Mk2 Caddy pickup is a rebadged Skoda Felicia, which in turn was a reskin of the Skoda Favorit. Which engine has it got in? The 1.6 and 1.9D were a VW engine, so there's a possibility of putting other engines in. 

Most of the braking and suspension mods actually involve using Ford bits 😲

GazzP87

Yeah I’ve read that the following will fit-

mk3 golf/vents seats will go in and

mk4 polo seats slot straight in. Along with SEAT Ibiza and Córdoba andddd polo mk5. 

was unsure on steering wheel. Other than a mk4 golf wheel will go on. Don’t want to take it all apart if it doesn’t fit 🤔

its the 1.9 diesel. Was contemplating a newer turbo Diesel engine. Or if I’m feeling extra ambitious a 1.8t Audi TT engine! I’ve read these fit ok. Also a vr6 from a mk 3. But finding a decent one is getting hard. 

Yeti

The engine bays are very very tight, to the extent that the diesels have a smaller heater box so it all fits. 1.8t's have been done, there's a couple of build threads on briskoda, but it is a massive task. The benefit is they weigh nothing, so a little bit of power goes a long way.