mikethebike

LIKE^

darling
Mmmmm... Mmmmm... Like that a lot! 8-)

Do you read Practical Sportsbikes?

Yep i do lots of nice stuff in there -

heres my latest dyno graph.

Nowandthen.jpg

riding it is like a box of frogs .... a right hoot with that kind of power, the plan is to try to get another 5 - 10 hp from it but they may be hard to do with out chucking huge amounts of cash at it.

glad you like it.

D

86C

Then as a reader of PS, you may have already seen my ZR50 in an early issue.

The LC125 was due to appear in a recent article but when they borrowed it Chris blew it up so it never made print.

They did fix it and MOT it before it's return though however so not all bad.

Impressive dyno graph :)

vee-dub-daze

Ok, there has been a few more over the years, but this was the collection at one point. Is thinned down a bit now, but still have a few of these.

post-31331-1326822160.jpg

post-31331-1326822173.jpg

jack92

my little kids bike, you'd be surprised at how much fun the mini bikes are plus get to race it this year which is a bonus.

th_IMG_0632.jpg

Edited by jack92

Yeti

Loved my old superdream. Not fast for a bike, but great on fuel and stupidly reliable. Mine had done 130k when I sold it.

They're heavy for their power, but suprisingly torquey for it.

jack92

Be rude not too, Yz 125

IMG_0889.jpg

Yeti

Roads are meant to be bad this year, so I'm eyeing a DT125 up.

If they get that bad, I just won't use em!

mikethebike
Be rude not too, Yz 125

now THAT has a lot of trick parts. Good on you for staying two stroke.

Here is a selection of two strokes for you...

1996 Honda RS125

185159_4002450014241_881091330_n.jpg

1989 Yamaha TZR 125

322121_3645582538502_1829813983_o.jpg

412553_10151118815610152_561162497_o.jpg

614347_10150884876529229_1689495026_o.jp

2002 Montesa Cota 315R

53632_3307937637513_921921288_o.jpg

1988 Honda H100s

56076_3358799749034_544104518_o.jpg

and with a 2004 Cagiva Mito

680529_3363371183317_1088001192_o.jpg

MattLoaf

Holy cow motorcycle insurance is very appealing... Direct access next year it is.

mikethebike

Yeah Matt, go fooorrrr it!

MattLoaf
Yeah Matt, go fooorrrr it!

Will do. I've got my eyes pealed for a cheap, complete CB or similar that I can do up in the meantime. £560 to insure a 900 :lol: That's awesome compared to car insurance and cheaper than my car insurance too. (Yes I know 900 is total overkill for a first bike) actually there's something; what size bike would you guys recommend as a first? keep in mind that I live in a rural area so I do a lot of 60mph driving so I don't really think a 125 would quite cut it. Would a 250 suffice for those kinds of speeds? Also what bikes are similar in aesthetics to Honda CBs?

I'm totally in love with this: Wire wheels are cool as fuck.

mikethebike

similar aesthetics to CBs? Well that would be Suzuki's GS or GT range, Yamaha's RD range, Kawasaki's Kh or Z range...

The japanese had a way they thought motorcycles should be. Hence the term UJM (Universal Japanese Motorcycle). I think I might have told you before?

As for what size of bike... a 250 will be the best for you, go for a nice Four stroke twin...

May I recommend Honda's CD175/CD200 Benley? They would probably keep up the 60mph pace, would have he aesthetics you're after and still remain pretty cheap.

Here's a wee link to a superdream btw

£395

MattLoaf
similar aesthetics to CBs? Well that would be Suzuki's GS or GT range, Yamaha's RD range, Kawasaki's Kh or Z range...

The japanese had a way they thought motorcycles should be. Hence the term UJM (Universal Japanese Motorcycle). I think I might have told you before?

As for what size of bike... a 250 will be the best for you, go for a nice Four stroke twin...

May I recommend Honda's CD175/CD200 Benley? They would probably keep up the 60mph pace, would have he aesthetics you're after and still remain pretty cheap.

Here's a wee link to a superdream btw

£395

Yeah you've told me about the UJM thing before but I deleted those PMs a long time ago. Thanks for the suggestions 8-) I'll look into those CD models shortly. £395 for two Superdreams? Well I was going to buy some wheels this week... Yeah I think that idea just went out the window :-D Bloody close by too. I wonder if you could fit two motorcycles in a Polo Coupe... :lol: Good thing I know someone with a Land Rover eh.

Edit:

Hahaha holy shit, that bike was on the road for all of two years and has been unlicensed since!

Honda250Superdream.png

Yeti

Mine used to do just shy of 80mph, so you'll be fine. Yeah, there's a million faster bikes out there, but that's not really the point of Superdreams. They're a bike you can get on and go anywhere with no fuss, whilst still probably being faster to 60 than 9 out of 10 cars.

Quite a few years ago, mine did a few months spell as my work vehicle, generally doing 150 miles down to London every Sunday and 150 miles back every Friday, plus running to work and back. The most serious repair it had in that time was a clutch cable.

MattLoaf

So bikes are cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to insure and reliable? Why the hell did I buy a car :?

mikethebike

If only the rest of the world could realise this :)

Jake
My Van Van :)

Poor Pic but the best I have ...

6 speed

125cc

4 stoke

13bhp

FI model - k9 2009 58reg

55-60mph tops

12032011033.jpg

Sold the van van a few months back after passing full test in April an bought an 06 Z750r i'll get a pic up soon, Matt i'd get your test done asap as they are making it harder to pass next year with minimum hours compulsory riding etc ... you wanna do you CBT & Theory within a week and you've got a head start to direct access the week after that ! ;) I think all in mine cost me abut £600 with CBT, Theory, MOD1, MOD2 and a few lessons before boths MOD's.

I'll be honest Matt the vanvan looked and felt retro it was pretty cool and you only need a CBT to get one! Plus off road/ dirt tracks green lanes were not a problem either!

Edited by quiksilver_jake

Yeti
So bikes are cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to insure and reliable? Why the hell did I buy a car :?

Cause doing a big shop on a bike ain't easy. You can't tow anything. It hurts when you fall off. Car drivers have their heads so far up their arses they can't see you, and it rains more than it's sunny.

Once you're over that, though, there's not a lot of reason to have a car.

jack92
Be rude not too, Yz 125

now THAT has a lot of trick parts. Good on you for staying two stroke.

Thanks mate spent a fair bit of time building it up this summer, used it bugger all times despite wanting to. hopefully once uni's over i'll get out a bit more.

2 strokes are where its at for now, just dirt cheap to run. My dad was massively into his circuit racing/ road racing, he had a yamaha tz250A and loved it, he has a blown up pic of him racing it in his office.

My brother actually has the exact same trials bike as you as well, grandad has an ossa twin shock trials bike thats in good nick as well.

I actually just bought another bike, mini bike though manage to seize the engine on the first ride haha thought i'd post a pic.

IMG_0948.jpg

94bruce

My other Toy :-)

Red Vespa 50 special 1978

4466410323_2bc04d2088_b1.jpg

PB300393.jpg

P2010004.jpg

MattLoaf

Bid on this little doozy last night and I haven't had any counter bids yet but there is still a day to run. Chap bought it as part of an estate sale with no V5 so hopefully I can get it fairly cheap, bidding is at £180 at the moment.

Image1.png

Image2.png

Image3.png

It's a 1980 Honda CB250 Superdream for those that don't know. I've been looking into the changes to the direct access course in January and it turns out that I can get an A2 licence that would let me ride a restricted 500cc or less I think so if I don't win that I might start looking at 350cc and 400cc bikes. Something I have noticed about older motorcycles is that service history and the likes really doesn't seem to be a concern :/ Tax disc looks like an 2007 one.

Yeti

I don't know totally how the new rules work, but 250's are 33hp, so used to be ok as standard on a restricted licence. That's the sort of milage mine was showing when I sold it, give or take a 1 in front :)

MattLoaf

Just been given this information about the A2 licence effective as of January 19th 2013:

Motorcycle :

• Cubic capacity of at least 395cc
  • Engine power of at least 25kW (33bhp)

not exceeding 35kW (46.6bhp)

• Power to weight ratio not exceeding

0.2kW/kg not derived from a vehicle more

than double its power

Rider:

• At least 19 years old

Access:

• (Progressive Access) must have held

an A1 licence for a minimum of two