Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

1981 Polo LX Resto

shipleym701

shipleym701

Right so no updates for a few weeks but I have been busy with it.

Unfortunately, I was charging through the jobs so quickly that I didnt take as many pictures as I would have liked!

was planning to fully document etc but it was too easy to just crack on.

So it is now on the road!

Passed the MOT with no advisaries! Got no tax yet as the fecking insurance isnt showing up on the database yet but I couldnt wait so have been driving it about all weekend!

I have since discovereed a fuel leak where the neck meets the tank. Chemical metal on it right now but need to source a new tank. If anyone knows where then I would be very grateful!

So, pictures:

IMG_0536_zpsb888e51f.jpg

IMG_0540_zpsdae4afe4.jpg

IMG_0542_zpsc14da390.jpg

IMG_0551_zpsf9b71896.jpg

• Like 1
  • 7 years later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shipleym701

• EZ Does It

• Gamu

• Vic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right so no updates for a few weeks but I have been busy with it. Unfortunately, I was charging through the jobs so quickly that I didnt take as many pictures as I would have liked! was planning t

Hey, I own this now and its coming along quite nicely despite taking a while, any previous owners still active for some questions on it?  The owner I bought it from was an absolute tard who'd too

JasonBready

Hey, I own this now and its coming along quite nicely despite taking a while, any previous owners still active for some questions on it? 

The owner I bought it from was an absolute tard who'd took out the afh for an 8v (which was a mess and he lied about the parts it had in it), butchered EVERY single wire, half "fitted" some cream corrado seats, mangled the brake lines and the list goes on, car was a sh*t state.
It's had a fair bit done so far including; NOS black interior, early grill-lights-bumpers, carbon door cards, stitch-welded & smoothed bay, small rust repairs, total strip down and rust proofing.

Parts sat ready to go on include; new AFH, dbilas 45mm throttles, schrick cams, JE pistons, Carillo rods, Stainless exhaust mani, stage 2 subframe, polybushes for everywhere, CAE shifter, OBP pedal box, WON nitrous kit, rear disc conversion, wilwood 4 pot fronts, coilovers, Silver project top mounts, big sticky tyres, etc etc. (slowly been turning in to a race car more than the restomod I had in mind)

• Like 1