Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

What Did You Do To Your Polo Today?

a.zdriver

technically this was yesterday but got it sandwiched between a Jag S-type, a Focus and an Insignia because the insignia didn't stop in time at some lights. took some heavy damage to the rear including fucked bootlid, destroyed bumper and drivers rear quarter has a slight bulge. surprisingly I hit the jag in front and caused him damage but had zero damage to the front of mine.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeyMK

• harris.racing

• erixtar1992

• Vio

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the 6n for a 60 mile drive today, got filmed driving it & I was interviewed for an upcoming TV series "World's Deadliest Drivers". They'll be using my dashcam footage from both of my accident

Well my car has now gone on its own little travels Next time I'll see her she will be outside our house in the USA

This is you Mark: Changed the oil filter today. Changed the spark plugs today. Topped up the screen wash today: Replaced the rear tyres today: That poor engine is never in the car! Ha ha.

Posted Images

Messed around with my mk2 today, tried the heatgun method of making the bumpers black and it worked like a charm. Tomorrow brings a 40mm drop and fresh wheels. If it doesn't piss it down.

• Like 1
This

16de1d71.jpg

Wow..... makes up for all the shit you chat :lol: makes me think i should pull my engine out to give it all a bloody good clean.

in reality, i haven't been near my car since tuesday morning. goddamn screwed shoulder :(

harris.racing

Thanks guys.

Need to finish doing wiring, fit rad and such and rebuild all the front end.

Bare fuel leak from carbs (o rings go hard and don't seal when not exposed to fuel it seems) hopefully be on the road sat :)

harris.racing

"dirt" came off easy, it's all the dirt stuck in the wax plastered all over the bay that's gay

Um. Oh yeah, picked the rear number plate up off the floor because the fucking thing has fallen off again. Grr.

MikeyMK

Looks great Nick, more importantly you've got the combination right for an instantaniously punchy little handful - you're gonna love it.

Now i no longer do big mileage, i'm considering going back to 8v's. The soundtrack and sheer punch made it more fun around town, 16v's only come into their own when you really stretch things.

All i did to mine today was throw a couple more cardboard boxes in it. It's not damp or anything, i just need them for ebay packaging.

harris.racing

Wow didn't expect such a reaction tbh!

Thanks mikey, my 8v seemed to be more of a rev and thrape instead of torque like you've described, think the head work and cam and flowy exhaust and such maybe to blame for that mind, unless it was the 6n weight. I'm around 180kg lighter now so that should make a difference? Virtually 1/5th weight difference.

Also, bay isn't anywhere near immaculate but it is cleaner

2a9bbf80.jpg

bbd59c80.jpg

Lots to do still, battling through rain too doesn't help.

jamiedub

Seen the badly dubbed vanish advert ? Greyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, what colour now, Whiiiiiiiiiteeeeeeeeee.

Come Retro Rides gathering mate on the 19th, Take it for a good run before Action and test your new suspension set up :)

Um. Oh yeah, picked the rear number plate up off the floor because the fucking thing has fallen off again. Grr.

:lol: My rear plate surround keeps unclipping in one corner. luckily not lost my plate yet!

prankstar2003

Looks pretty good nick, clean and well executed. Looking forward to action to see how our two compare.

harris.racing

Today consists of swearing, being pissed off and making no progress.

Not sure what coolant hoses people use, but the mk3 top hose fits, little stretched.

Mk4 bottom technically fits but fouls the gbox mount bracket. So I'm gonna make a new bottom one I think.

Exhaust - welder broke.

Literally done nothing apart from fit a rad and wire a slim fan

prankstar2003

I did very little yday yarris, managed to get two more gears :-(

However, I have sorted my battery charging issues - alternator was shafted despite it looking brand new :?