Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

What Did You Do To Your Polo Today?

a.zdriver

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeyMK

• harris.racing

• erixtar1992

• Vio

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the 6n for a 60 mile drive today, got filmed driving it & I was interviewed for an upcoming TV series "World's Deadliest Drivers". They'll be using my dashcam footage from both of my accident

Well my car has now gone on its own little travels Next time I'll see her she will be outside our house in the USA

This is you Mark: Changed the oil filter today. Changed the spark plugs today. Topped up the screen wash today: Replaced the rear tyres today: That poor engine is never in the car! Ha ha.

Posted Images

captin_urbis

got some braided brake hoses and drove her to and from work. freshly taxed and insured, shes having alot of time on her tomorrow though

changed the black sensor to see if i could stop the light on the dash flashing - it failed!

tried to T-cut the car and failed......

so i washed it and buggered off inside! :lol:

Wished I was working on it not the Audi.

Drove into it. :retard:

Fortunately i was driving a 206 home from the night shift, it's bumper deforming obligingly, and the Polo's paint (and arch trim) seem to have survived - even if it reflects the light slightly differently now the front wing panel's warped.

It'll wear it with pride for years to come, it's only a car, they get battle scars. Still, sleepy time for me..

harris.racing

Cheers man! I'm pretty impressed that at the time of taking the picture the AFR was 14.7:1 haha!

And mikey you and your late night/early morning drives hey :( I'm gonna sign you up to some sort of energy drink subscription

harris.racing

The inlet tracts are drilled and taps 1/8 BSP I think but as there's only a 3mm wall thickness I used metal set too.

Usually when I fit instrumentation tapins to things like plastic inlet manifolds a bit of metal set usually goes in too, and they survive just fine :)

Was a bit of an afterthought and I don't like them tbh but oh well :)

harris.racing

I use it as a thread lock/sealant also haha, it's awesome stuff! Seems alright still now anyway, and my inlet manifold gets hot!

harris.racing

I might get some base plates made up and knock a couple out. As long as the base plate also fits the 1.3/1.4 too

I tapped the EGR hole in the AFH iron manifold to take a bolt in order to block it off, but the hole was a little big for the tap (M12 i think). So i torqued it only gently and used chemical metal as a threadlock - i got that manifold almost glowing hot and it was fine for many thousands of miles!

Still is, though it's in the loft.

took my shock off ready for when the replacement comes tomorow . Did some magic thought and took shock off without removing the strut at all..

Mwaha

harris.racing

Cleaned it inside and out. Satin blacked my rear number plate plastic handle thing.

Most effective thing is cleaning the underside of bonnet, didnt take a before pic mind.

3dcb1717.jpg

few bits after work here and there this week.

replaced complete passenger hub,and balljoint.

clean and greased the collie threads

greased the brake caliper slides

new rocker gasket and oil cap

oil flush,new oil + filter.slight polish of the rocker cover

cleaned eveything under the bonnet with gt85

removed the faulty exhaust manifold ready for its replacement

sanded down some rust spots,treated with inhibitor ready for skim and primer

now waiting on parts ....

SORNed the 1 litre and did some more swearing at the Audi.

mixmasterlooney

Yeah i'm too scared to do anything to my polo incase i fuck it up or something because i love it so much!

Even washing it takes great care, never know, water might just leak through the windows seal... and flood the carpets leaving a pool big enough for a child to swim in... or was that the rain?

lewisbburton
This thread is for the purpose of telling others of what you have done to your Polo today :thumbsup:

picked it up... polo coupe mk3! once i'd got it home gave it a wash and polish!:)