Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

What Did You Do To Your Polo Today?

a.zdriver

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeyMK

• harris.racing

• erixtar1992

• Vio

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the 6n for a 60 mile drive today, got filmed driving it & I was interviewed for an upcoming TV series "World's Deadliest Drivers". They'll be using my dashcam footage from both of my accident

Well my car has now gone on its own little travels Next time I'll see her she will be outside our house in the USA

This is you Mark: Changed the oil filter today. Changed the spark plugs today. Topped up the screen wash today: Replaced the rear tyres today: That poor engine is never in the car! Ha ha.

Posted Images

strelleymagpie

Received my number plate holders, here they are in all their glory..

f9d4667495.jpg

Just got to wait for the paperwork to come through to take my girlfriend's personalised plates off my car (it used to be hers...) then I can get these on :D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, strelleymagpie said:

Received my number plate holders, here they are in all their glory..

Just got to wait for the paperwork to come through to take my girlfriend's personalised plates off my car (it used to be hers...) then I can get these on :D

Strelley would you mind posting pictures once attached, we want to show them off!

• 5 weeks later...
NickHardcastle
On 12/11/2016 at 20:02, kiran_182 said:

noticed a difference?

Yeah. Nothing massive but you can just feel it pick up that little bit better and a little bit sooner. 

Only a couple of weeks after crashing it, last night i nearly burnt it out - The other day my front gearbox mount broke, engine smashed into the rad cowling. Fitted a new mount, all seemed well. But although the cowling looked fine, the fan blades were stuck. I hadn't checked. I first became aware of the problem by the smell of burning plastic in a rush-hour traffic jam, and smoke pouring out the bonnet. Thankfully i had an extinguisher, but got away with using a litre of watermelon juice instead. I have yet to investigate what damage there is, and why the circuit overload prevention system (fuse) didn't prevent it.

kwijibo_coupe

Polished the bonnet and put a load of calendars on it to take a picture for the shop.

DSC_3593_zpswcbb8eqz.jpg

Burst a coolant pipe - heater matrix one where it joins the thermostat housing, again probably damage from when the engine mount let go. The alternator belt and gear linkage cage were also damaged by the failed mount, or rather the engine trying to break free, so i'm expecting more problems from it.

• 2 years later...
dvderlm

Fiddled with air correctors. Looked at the choke cable microswitch terminals, shrugged, refit the lower dash which has been in the rear footwell. Searched high and low for one screw that had gone missing.

• 1 year later...
toptrumps2

Mk2 : Nothing

6R -
Yesterday : Fitted a RCD310 (Picked up cheap from ebay)
Today : Booked for tracking to be done

• 2 weeks later...