Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

What Did You Do To Your Polo Today?

a.zdriver

Drove it, got out and didnt complain!

First time since the conversion! Wooo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeyMK

• harris.racing

• erixtar1992

• Vio

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the 6n for a 60 mile drive today, got filmed driving it & I was interviewed for an upcoming TV series "World's Deadliest Drivers". They'll be using my dashcam footage from both of my accident

Well my car has now gone on its own little travels Next time I'll see her she will be outside our house in the USA

This is you Mark: Changed the oil filter today. Changed the spark plugs today. Topped up the screen wash today: Replaced the rear tyres today: That poor engine is never in the car! Ha ha.

Posted Images

Shmeeevee

went to put coilovers on.. found out one of the bolts in the top mount was threaded :evil:

time to go pick up new top mounts and have a think!

20130405_110432_zps8cc93a40.jpg

Now has a permanent noise that sounds like someone's cheese grating something in my engine.... Think its going to shit itself soon

oil change, new discs and pads for tomorrow and got a bit of a polish on a few panels from pink to red and found my mates have drawn a massive c.ck on it with polish so will be there till i get the g3 on it

also reattached the splitter re routed a cable and re sealed the cabin filter housing

Tomorrow I have a list to do.

Wire fan to switch, temporary I've ran out of cash fix ;)

Sort my pink bonnet

Clean inside clay polish then wax the outside

Lets see how much actually gets done ...

erixtar1992

rewired some of it from fire

put dash back in

fixed up some ropey bits

drove it for the first time briefly

madmanncfc

Fitted a replacement passenger seatbelt to fix the non retracting one that the missus kept shutting in the door :)

MikeyMK

Tried to get it running, and failed. No Santa Pod for me tomorrow.

It's properly doing my nut. I thought it was electrical, but i've pretty much ruled out ignition - the ignition system checks out as being fine, giving the voltages it should be, when it should be. The plugs spark how they should on start-up, i can't tell for absolute if they're still sparking as the engine dies or if it dies as a result of them stopping, because of course the halting of the engine stops the spark, but the results of testing suggest they don't wanna stop and something else is killing the engine instead (the next plug covered by the rotor arm sparks once the engine stops if i earth the hall plug, so it would be sparking as the engine stops).

Two coils, two amplifiers, three distributors, and a circuit tester with instructions from Haynes - spark plugs are correct non-resistor type according to Heg123 and i used them in the AFH's so i know they're good - besides, they sparked well enough even in todays bright sunlight.

So tomorrow it's the carbs' turn for scrutiny. I don't see how they can be the issue, although it had been running rich, but still.

malaga red

Yesterday afternoon/ evening and this morning were spent swearing at my Hella spotlamp grille and its wiring loom, and anything anywhere near me or it.

Made a loom yesterday and had a fight with the grille but couldnt make it fit or stay on. Gave up as was going dark. Went back out this morning and after 2 hours had it fitted. Clips are weak and theres only two intact. So cable ties keep it in place, but you'd never tell as i was clever with the positioning (fitting the left side cable tie was what took all the time. You wouldnt understand unless you were there) Couldnt have a chosen a fiddlier place, but they cant be seen.

All that effort and it then didnt want to work. Drove to a meet for 3. Got back around 6 and figured out i hadnt earthed it properly. Not my fault as i copied the wiring of the loom that came with the grille to make a new one. Re did some of the wiring and it now works :-D

Resealed the loon's inlet manifold heater pipe.

Pulled out the dents in it's arse using the yetitech portapower set (wheel chocks, ratchet strap, eye bolt, boat puller and an immovable object).

Acquired a misfire and found two worryingly-tight spark plugs :?

Changed front brake discs. What should have been a 1 hour job took all afternoon as the bottom calliper bolts hex sockets were rounded off and the disc screw on the nearside sheared off. Everything on this car is either seized or it shears off!!

Edited by dave m

I also swaped my discs and pads took 20 mins each side.

Poilshed the penis out of thr bonnet. You dont hear those words in a sentence all to often

swaped the wheels for the 14s

Finished off the wiring for the aquamist, routed the nitrous line under the car from the boot and played around with this.....

2013-04-07142634.jpg

Wired fan to switch

Washed and clay bar / waxed the outside and then I got bored and went to the pub

harris.racing

Checked carb balance and tweaked idle mixture.

And took the front adjuster rings off the front dampers for some machining :ninja:

Checked carb balance and tweaked idle mixture.

You probably did this because the weather changed.. :p

harris.racing

Nah man just been fucking around with it a lot recently due to how ignitions effected fuelling lol.

Oo also adjusted clutch cable

MikeyMK

Searched for my spare jets, which were all in a sandwich bag, can't find them. Wife swears she didn't bin them when tidying up my messy bedside cabinet.. I thought the drawer by my bed would be safe, might as well have put them in the box in the shed with all the bulky carb bits.

I'll get no time on the car between getting new ones posted and my next day off which is GTi fest. Can't get the thing to run anyway, jetted properly or not. Had enough of it now. Not a happy chimp today.

MikeyMK
Cursed at it after the clutch cable snapped

10 miles journey home in 2nd gear :lol:

You don't need the clutch pedal to change gear, you just have to change gear at the right revs - the clutch release is only needed to join/part the engine from the drivetrain at mis-matched speeds.

I can drive around town all day, going up and down all gears, without touching the clutch pedal.

harris.racing

X2.

Just pulling off on the starter motor isn't the best when your clutch has gone haha

I can drive around town all day, going up and down all gears, without touching the clutch pedal.

I tried this in a hateful company car (Citroen BX) the wretched 1.9 non turbo lump when the clutch cable decided to break. I managed Wolverhampton to Junc 18 of the M1 before the box flew apart in an impressive shower of steel and alloy!