Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

What Did You Do To Your Polo Today?

a.zdriver

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeyMK

• harris.racing

• erixtar1992

• Vio

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the 6n for a 60 mile drive today, got filmed driving it & I was interviewed for an upcoming TV series "World's Deadliest Drivers". They'll be using my dashcam footage from both of my accident

Well my car has now gone on its own little travels Next time I'll see her she will be outside our house in the USA

This is you Mark: Changed the oil filter today. Changed the spark plugs today. Topped up the screen wash today: Replaced the rear tyres today: That poor engine is never in the car! Ha ha.

Posted Images

kwijibo_coupe

First of all the diff decided to shear a bolt so it was dangling out the back of the subframe. Got that sorted and now the engine is sometimes running a bit rough. Suspecting either a cam cover gasket leak causing a misfire or worse (rather more expensive) a failed Vanos unit.

So I've been using the GT to get me about, been starting on the button and has been getting me around with no issues.

Bike carb major service - full strip down, bath and rebuild, new seals/o-rings, blown out with compressed air, looking good.

so lite duties today then

I'm getting old, gotta have rest periods..

• 2 weeks later...

Painted the front bumper. In the process managed to drop my phone into a bucket of soapy water so no pics as yet.

Why doesn't that surprise me..

Stripped the original 'Dennis the Menace' sports interior out to sell. Pure sacrilege going on.

kwijibo_coupe

Not today but yesterday, for the first time in years there was a mk2f in a scrappy in Aberdeen. Just a little 1.0 CL Coupe. But managed to get a few things off it that will help tidy up bits on the GT, Mk2 and the blue coupe I'm still working on.

null_zpsu9hje9vw.jpg

Not a bad haul for £15 :) ................................................ Cat not included...

wizardmanjm

Damn I wouldn't get all that from my breakers for 15 bob, they charge minimum 5 pound an item for a start lol unless it's it's a pair of something so small like door trim bits

kiran_182

Stripped the original 'Dennis the Menace' sports interior out to sell. Pure sacrilege going on.

Got £20 right here for you

kiran_182

Painted the front bumper. In the process managed to drop my phone into a bucket of soapy water so no pics as yet.

Wearing that new necklace then

• Like 1

Got £20 right here for you

Lol.. It's sold, anyway. Grey non-bolstered interior going in. Most of it already there, which is what i did toda.. yesterday (yet to rebuild the front seats).

nige8021

Well my car has now gone on its own little travels

Next time I'll see her she will be outside our house in the USA

I hope you put plenty of sea sickness tablets in the cooling system.?? it'll be a long & rough crossing at this time of year !!

Gave it some cold, dense air to chew on!

20160106_203255_zpsfhnjhmoz.jpg

There was nowt on TV, I was a little restless, the roads were dry - would have been rude not to. :)

Edited by sleag40
  • Like 1
wizardmanjm

Tried to undo the crank bolt for the engine in the garage. Failed because I'm a puny bitch.

I may take a sledgehammer to the car tomorrow. Do stay tuned!

Got existing Bridgestone and Conti tyres swapped to the refurbed Monty 2's today and wheel alignment for a good cash price.

Well chuffed.

Now I can contemplate the future of the San Marino wheels.

Put a GT cam in the coupe after looking for one for months. The amount of power gained for the amount of work done is pretty efficient, maybe 25% in less than an hour! The character of the car has really changed and I'm finally shot of all remains of old person smell. Got it just about where I want it to be as a winter daily, although already I'm thinking that it's not quite done until it gets a 4 branch...

• Like 1
wizardmanjm

Good news that the cam alone made it feel very different. Guessing the gt is another thing entirely despite the small increase in numbers

Will you be at the rolling road day to see what it can do?

Nah, it'll have about 75 maybe 80 hp with whats been done. As long as it runs sweetly, I don't care about the numbers, they'll get comped by every man jack on here anyway if you believe everything they say. The cam works wonders, instead of going flat at 4k, it gets it's ass moving. Gives the chip something to get it's teeth into and makes the most of the freer breathing. Apparently they're ten a penny, like 4branches and arb blocks (my ass!), so I find it strange that not everyone has done it before they move on to big block turbo motors. That's what everyone respects, right?

wizardmanjm

Well all that sounds pretty exciting if I do say so...making me a bit excited for my conversion now as I've been on a bit of a downer with other reviews lol

A big turbo is something I would like to do but I need to explore the limits of na tuning first and see what can be had, I think these engines are a lot more tuneable than some say

steveo3002

got the added hassle of sorting a reliable fuel pump on a mk2

mines flat as a witches tit over 4k , sounds like i could use one lol

does it take away the low down torque? while mines no monster it tolerates plodding around in gear pretty well

• Like 1

I've only had it 'round the block, but I was expecting it to be a bit less of a diesel low down but I didn't feel it. Must have lost some but it's just what it needed; to pick it's skirt up at 4k rather than going to bed. I just stuck it in with no other adjustments, piece of piss; started up just the same, ticked over smoothly and felt about the same, but after 4k it's quite different. I don't think it's worth doing on a 1.0 as 1.3 motors are lying around everywhere, better to put one of those in first. With a decat, open tailpipe, chip and k/n, even on the spi, I imagine it's at least up with a standard gt, gearbox aside. Damn sight cheaper than a proper conversion... I should probably be getting on with that in my bready (nearly ready to be assembled) rather than pissing about with my daily but it rewards me well every time I do anything to it. Anybody want rid of a 4branch...?