Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

What Did You Do To Your Polo Today?

a.zdriver

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeyMK

• harris.racing

• erixtar1992

• Vio

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the 6n for a 60 mile drive today, got filmed driving it & I was interviewed for an upcoming TV series "World's Deadliest Drivers". They'll be using my dashcam footage from both of my accident

Well my car has now gone on its own little travels Next time I'll see her she will be outside our house in the USA

This is you Mark: Changed the oil filter today. Changed the spark plugs today. Topped up the screen wash today: Replaced the rear tyres today: That poor engine is never in the car! Ha ha.

Posted Images

SeagullChips

Used a small brush and applied some zinc primer to some scratches I noticed below the rear n/s door lock.
Jmh6ASA.png?1

I never claimed to be an artist. (and yes, that is a run)

I don't think they happened while I had the car, as I can count the amount of times people have been sat in the back on one hand.
My guess is it was caused by a previous owner and I never noticed. They didn't seem to take that much care of the paintwork anyway.
Scratches and marks around the handles and keyholes suggest dangling keys hitting the door and a scratched interior door handle suggests they wore rings too =/

There is also damage to the front bumper that will need to be filled and painted (lucky I'm doing a Body & Paint course at college, eh? ;) )

Edited by SeagullChips
  • Like 1

168dc78a073877f06a8379bd1f1d8f83.jpg

Hit 99k, 2000 miles with me it and hasn't completely died :D Bought some chrome amber indicator bulbs (still counts as OEM+) and gonna do an oil/filter change in the morning, and maybe finally get around to cleaning that MAP sensor.

Diagnosed broken flexi on the exhaust, needs a whole new cat section and garage quoted the value of the car for it as usual. Bought one off ebay for £50, will attempt it myself first.

• Like 1
wizardmanjm

Used a small brush and applied some zinc primer to some scratches I noticed below the rear n/s door lock.

Jmh6ASA.png?1

I never claimed to be an artist. (and yes, that is a run)

I don't think they happened while I had the car, as I can count the amount of times people have been sat in the back on one hand.

My guess is it was caused by a previous owner and I never noticed. They didn't seem to take that much care of the paintwork anyway.

Scratches and marks around the handles and keyholes suggest dangling keys hitting the door and a scratched interior door handle suggests they wore rings too =/

There is also damage to the front bumper that will need to be filled and painted (lucky I'm doing a Body & Paint course at college, eh? ;) )

I always wanted to do body repair and paint. I actually enrolled in a course when I left school at gateshead college but then we bloody moved and there wasn't a place I could do it down south :(

If you do some student style prices when you get decent then I'll give you my keys [emoji14]

• Like 1
1vw2many

Am giving my front wheels a paint job. Back to metal , epoxy then split rim black and silver ..

post-4280-0-79304200-1457526617_thumb.jp

post-4280-0-32309600-1457526681_thumb.jp

post-4280-0-56529300-1457526729_thumb.jp

• Like 1
kiran_182

Sell them, must be worth 800 easy

Today i took the car out and found some prfietty bad rain

Hopefully get round to rr the car and find out the power, cant shift the feeling that all I've done is replace the horses that escaped over the last 25 years

SeagullChips

I always wanted to do body repair and paint. I actually enrolled in a course when I left school at gateshead college but then we bloody moved and there wasn't a place I could do it down south :(

If you do some student style prices when you get decent then I'll give you my keys [emoji14]

Lol, you could probably find some pretty decent tutorials online, but with body & paint, it's more about practice really. And if you don't have the facilities to do stuff like painting (proper painting with a booth and air-fed masks) then it could be quite difficult.

----

Anyway, today my new number plates arrived, so I got them in the surrounds and on the car.

6KokeHA.jpg?3

Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with these plates, their made of a retro-reflective material, their the correct font, correct size and spacing, the only thing different is that the characters are a sort of embossed effect. They're a gel resin sort of thing, that give the same style as pressed metal plates. The characters don't protrude out so much as to make it difficult to make out the letters while looking at it at an angle, any more than normal plates and the letters are legible when a photo is taken of it with a flash (tested with my DSLR), so they're perfectly fine....

7yr00sz.jpg?2TtEgdv9.jpg?1

But the eagle eyed folk out there may have noticed you can't see the "maker name & poste code, BS AU145d" mark. It is there, but unfortunately it gets hidden by the numberplate surround/holder, and that is the only part I'm kinda concerned about, the rules state you need have the markings present on the numberplate, but didn't say anything about the visibility of it. So idk. :unknw:

Edited by SeagullChips
  • Like 2

Today, I got my Polo GTI back from the police compound. I've had it since 1st March, and already managed to get a Section 59 Vehicle Seizure. :angry:

What annoyed me more, was that I washed polished and waxed it on sunny Sunday, got seized that evening, get it back today and its filthy. Mud splashes all over side of car, REALLY muddy drivers mat.... I think the c**** ragged it in the compound :evil::thumbsdown::tear:

kiran_182

Today, I got my Polo GTI back from the police compound. I've had it since 1st March, and already managed to get a Section 59 Vehicle Seizure. :angry:

What annoyed me more, was that I washed polished and waxed it on sunny Sunday, got seized that evening, get it back today and its filthy. Mud splashes all over side of car, REALLY muddy drivers mat.... I think the c**** ragged it in the compound :evil::thumbsdown::tear:

Section 59 is for?

SeagullChips

Today, the plan was to fit a 'stitch on' steering wheel cover.

What actually happened was I tried to fit my steering wheel cover. Gave up after 30 minutes. Went and played American Truck Simulator.

kwijibo_coupe

Section 59 is for?

Isn't that an anti-social behaviour thing?

wizardmanjm

Got it all finished. Completely..but fuel pump didn't prime on the key, turns out he had snipped that part of the loom and spaded the end possibly to fit an electric pump in the bay.

No worries, I'm very happy with everything. Exhaust is a tad short to reach the rear hangers now with the 4 branch and i also need some cam cover bolt seals. Other than that and joining that wire it should be good and hopefully when it runs it runs nicely.

• Like 1

Fixing mine after it failed mot on 2cv gaiters and poor performance on rear brakes. So shoes and cylinders it is going to be...

madnemo

Nothing to boast about getting a section 59 for anti social behavior and driving offences. Take it up the chin and lesson learned not to drive around like a tw@t . At the end of the day there not all c###s etc,the police is just doing there jobs.

Today I've just collected my recon gearbox and I'm £400 lighter :crybaby: .

Nimal xxxx

Edited by madnemo
  • Like 1
Buggirl

Lol, you could probably find some pretty decent tutorials online, but with body & paint, it's more about practice really. And if you don't have the facilities to do stuff like painting (proper painting with a booth and air-fed masks) then it could be quite difficult.

----

Anyway, today my new number plates arrived, so I got them in the surrounds and on the car.6KokeHA.jpg?3

Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with these plates, their made of a retro-reflective material, their the correct font, correct size and spacing, the only thing different is that the characters are a sort of embossed effect. They're a gel resin sort of thing, that give the same style as pressed metal plates. The characters don't protrude out so much as to make it difficult to make out the letters while looking at it at an angle, any more than normal plates and the letters are legible when a photo is taken of it with a flash (tested with my DSLR), so they're perfectly fine....

7yr00sz.jpg?2TtEgdv9.jpg?1

But the eagle eyed folk out there may have noticed you can't see the "maker name & poste code, BS AU145d" mark. It is there, but unfortunately it gets hidden by the numberplate surround/holder, and that is the only part I'm kinda concerned about, the rules state you need have the markings present on the numberplate, but didn't say anything about the visibility of it. So idk. :unknw:

Where did you get them from?

kwijibo_coupe

Looked at them all and made a mental note of the work each one needs. GT needs exhaust work, new parts fitted which I have sitting. The blue coupe needs an exhaust and bits tidied up. The mk2 needs some welding and my MPI system fitted and the 6n2 daily needs a CV joint and a bottom ball joint. So I decided just to go back to bed and rest for my night at work instead :lol:

• Like 1
wizardmanjm

Looked at them all and made a mental note of the work each one needs. GT needs exhaust work, new parts fitted which I have sitting. The blue coupe needs an exhaust and bits tidied up. The mk2 needs some welding and my MPI system fitted and the 6n2 daily needs a CV joint and a bottom ball joint. So I decided just to go back to bed and rest for my night at work instead [emoji38]

When you come to mine I think I have an outer cv joint brand new in the box you can have for free. Ordered an outer by mistake a while back. Was going to save it for when one fails but they won't haha
wizardmanjm

Could have connected the one wire to make it run but couldn't be bothered. My hands are all cracked, red and sore as hell from working on the car every day after work. Has anyone got recommendations of a hand cream to stop it?

I moisturise my hands and have used barrier cream for 3 days before working on it.