Sign in to follow this  
prankstar2003

Body Kits

MattLoaf
Thread needs pics of the reiger kit

Comin' right up. You can still buy a lot of the older Rieger stuff, not cheap mind - I'll find out how much a full wide kit would be.

Regier.png

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

00047010_n.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

6-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Some others:

Zoll_Modern-Line_VWPolo86c_Felgen.jpg

Zoll_Modern-Line_VWPolo86c_Felgen-1.jpg

Edit: A complete Rieger body kit for a MK2 Coupe would cost £2300

pohlohmadness

a wide body rieger kit for a mk2 86c is in the region of 2600 qiud plus shipping costs and vat I've got an email about ti somewhere i,ll try dig it out if i can and copy and paste it as i looked for my bready but i thought it was just crazy money

Gaz
derbys1-1.jpg

I've always hated the stock fuel filler location! :D

Alex
even found a derbys in there for you simon

<Fuel cap picture>

Am I the only one looking at this and thinking... petrol vapour, electric circuits for the lights, not a good combination?

Gaz

Good point! Does look quite enclosed though and I would guess he's running LEDs as it doesn't look like normal bulbs will fit where the indicator lenses are

prankstar2003
did last night get you thinking simon? lol

Certainly did! Your's looks good there

Loving all these kits though, some are actually quite nice. Others, well... :lol:

erixtar1992

reiger one looks great from the front, not sure on the sides though.

MaxGT

Regier.png

Now thats what i'm talking about

MattLoaf
a wide body rieger kit for a mk2 86c is in the region of 2600 qiud plus shipping costs and vat I've got an email about ti somewhere i,ll try dig it out if i can and copy and paste it as i looked for my bready but i thought it was just crazy money

So that's £3120, plus shipping, paint, wheels and those giant tyres. That must be what, £5500-£6000 all in? Bargain! I know somone who sold a Scirocco Storm with the same body kit earlier this year for like £4500...

KiZ
nice collection of shots there matt

Thanks. Ah why not, lets have some Polo Sprint too.

2.jpg

this rear engined?

stevemk3

Phwooooaarrrrr

prankstar2003

Yes kiz it is. Have you not seen it before? Does the rounds occasionally on here. 1.6 flat 4 iirc with a g-lader. Developed to to get handling data apparently

Edited by prankstar2003

Alex

It's a 1.9 isn't it?

prankstar2003

Could be yeah. Sure Mattloaf will correct us

moo

The BB Polo (as far as I know this is correct?)

The company is called Buchmann (BB) and is based in Wolfsburg, they created 2 Polo's with help from the VW factory in Wolfsburg; one being the Paris that's posted above (I think) and one being the Polo Carat. Not entirely sure on the difference, think one is more rounded but I'd need to look into it more. Both came in duo coloured paint, so the white and silver etc. The car had push button unlocking and would relock if it was unlocked if not opened. Displays messages digitally to the driver such as "good day" when turned on and gave info on cars oil level, voltage etc and was rather accurate (apparently). Finished with suede trim and Recaro seats. Think there was about 20 made of the Carat and even less of Paris.... Either way there's less than 60 total ever made. Each one originally sold for 40000-50000 deutschmarks (can't remember exact value)

Sorry if that's slightly incoherent, it's taken from an old word document I jotted stuff down about it as I actually spotted these when I was researching polo's before I got mine, took a lot of Google translate to get any information though xD

I will try and find more info at some later point because I personally love how they look and I'm curious about the company and if they made anything else.

Saw one for sale on a Euro Ebay page a while ago (not sure which), in white, sold for not far off 4700 euros... There's a brochure for sale currently on fleabay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-Polo-...W-/230785962066

On a related note: Bodykits for Polo's are awesome, often tragic, but always awesome :D

MattLoaf
this rear engined?

Very rear engined.

9-1.jpg

It has a water cooled, 1.9 litre, fuel injected flat four engine from the Transporter which is supercharged to 156bhp and 162 lbs-ft of torque give it a top speed of 125mph and 0-60mph comes in 7 or 8 seconds. It uses the Transporter five speed gearbox also. The suspension is mostly stock but there are half shafts and modified trailing arms in the rear. Rear brakes are standard front discs. The modification do increase the weight to 899kg, 66% of which is over the rear end (I don't now if that's when the front mounted fuel tank is wet or dry).

It was built so VW engineers could learn about the traction given by a rear engined vehicles and to see how well they could get the flat four to fit into a Polo shell (that's why it's supercharged and not turbocharged). It was also used to gain data that they used to evaluate the possibility of different vehicle concepts.

I don't know this off the top of my head sadly, it's mostly from a magazine article about it.

The BB Polo (as far as I know this is correct?)

The company is called Buchmann (BB) and is based in Wolfsburg, they created 2 Polo's with help from the VW factory in Wolfsburg; one being the Paris that's posted above (I think) and one being the Polo Carat. Not entirely sure on the difference, think one is more rounded but I'd need to look into it more. Both came in duo coloured paint, so the white and silver etc. The car had push button unlocking and would relock if it was unlocked if not opened. Displays messages digitally to the driver such as "good day" when turned on and gave info on cars oil level, voltage etc and was rather accurate (apparently). Finished with suede trim and Recaro seats. Think there was about 20 made of the Carat and even less of Paris.... Either way there's less than 60 total ever made. Each one originally sold for 40000-50000 deutschmarks (can't remember exact value)

Awesome stuff, they would have cost £16500-£20000 in current money, mad. I wonder where they all are now.

MattLoaf

styleauto001.jpg

styleauto002.jpg

"Angsten"

AngstenKit1.jpg

AngstenKit2.jpg

"Dietrich Urquattro"

DietrichUr-Quottro1.jpg

I need this in my life:

DietrichUr-Quottro2.jpg

<3

"Interrad"

InterradKit.jpg

"Votex Aerodynamik"

votexkit1.jpg

votexkit2.jpg

"Zastrow"

zastrowkit1.jpg

zastrowkit2.jpg

MattLoaf

mycar-1.jpg

mycar1-1.jpg

I'm starting to hope these start coming back into fashion :lol:

pkca123

yellow anyone?

3467_361783750583045_2074558158_n.jpg

59590_359707827457304_1993737843_n.jpg

no...? how about some silly ferrari badge then?

156131_347331525361601_649897841_n.jpg

Jake
Regier.png

That is just awesome!