Sign in to follow this  
coreymk3

2013 Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix Weekend!

coreymk3

Hello guys, not been on here for a while but i thought some of you may be interested in these pics!

I've been living in Australia for the past 8 months now and was lucky enough to buy a 4 day pass for the 2013 F1 weekend at Albert Park!

It was a mental weekend, the highlight for me probably being able to watch the V8 Supercars practice and race each day, and of course the main GP race on sunday was epic. Unfortunately I had a constant battle with the fence to try and get decent pictures but i think the majority turned out ok.

Here's the link to the album on my Photography facebook page if you want to take a look:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...8929&type=3

I am trying to build up a better name for myself with this kind of thing over here so if you could take the time to 'like' my page as well that would be much appreciated! Thanks guys, take it easy.

gaz56

Bet that was amazing! Where abouts in Australia are you? I'm heading out there at the end of the year on a working visa and will be around Melbourne or Sydney.

Did you go out to work?

coreymk3
Bet that was amazing! Where abouts in Australia are you? I'm heading out there at the end of the year on a working visa and will be around Melbourne or Sydney.

Did you go out to work?

Yeah mate it was nuts, if you're coming out here at the end of the year you'll definitely wanna get some tickets for 2014 if you're in Melbourne. Only $150 for a 4 day pass as well which is very reasonable for the amount of action going on!

I'm in Hervey Bay at the moment in Queensland, spent 6 months living and working in Melbourne then drove 2000km up to Queensland in a hired camper van over the course of a week, lived in a caravan on this haggard little caravan park for 3 weeks then moved onto Hervey Bay. Work options are limited here though so I'm gonna be going back to Melbourne in the next few weeks and hopefully get my old job back. I'm just over 8 months through my visa and hopefully gonna get my second year approved. I'd definitely recommend Melbourne as a first destination, especially as it'll be the height of summer at the end of the year!!

gaz56

Jeez that's cheap for a formula 1 session! Will definitely look into that.

Yeh everyone keeps telling us that Melbourne is the place to be. We are landing in Melbourne on 2nd December and are staying there for a week. We're doing the same as you and have booked a campervan to drive up to Sydney for Christmas and the new year fireworks at Sydney harbour bridge, then will probably head back down to Melbourne to try and find work.

What sort of work is there? I'm a engineer by trade and have heard they're crying out for them.

coreymk3
Jeez that's cheap for a formula 1 session! Will definitely look into that.

Yeh everyone keeps telling us that Melbourne is the place to be. We are landing in Melbourne on 2nd December and are staying there for a week. We're doing the same as you and have booked a campervan to drive up to Sydney for Christmas and the new year fireworks at Sydney harbour bridge, then will probably head back down to Melbourne to try and find work.

What sort of work is there? I'm a engineer by trade and have heard they're crying out for them.

Yeah mate it's really reasonable, especially with the wages you get out here it costs nothing!

Oh spot on that'll be rad, have you booked your campervan yet? We went with wicked campers cos I was only 20 at the time and couldn't rent from anywhere else. Sydney at new year is meant to be epic though you'll love that, considered doing that this year but i duno if i'll be able to, banking on my second year getting approved.

You should be ok finding work at first if you're not too picky, there's plenty of work there. A lot of backpackers tend to end up doing a sales job whilst they find something more suitable, they say it's not the best work but it's a good way to meet people and make new friends etc. I got lucky and managed to get a job with a furniture rental company within the first few weeks and I stayed there for 6 months. If you work full time you'll easily have enough cash to fund your living and have shit loads left for whatever else you wanna spend it on. I'm sure you can find something relevant to your trade if you contact enough companies, and you'll probably get paid a fair wedge more than your average job too!

On an unrelated note, got a few more pictures from a small show I attended on the weekend, bit of American muscle if anyone fancies a gander ;) :

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...8929&type=3

gaz56

Bro, ill pm you. Save clogging up the thread