Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

085 Gearbox code identification

Nick_S

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nige8021

• Nick_S

• randall121

• dvderlm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah yes, if you keep clicking next page on my top link then you get to the same thing you have PDF's of :-D Here is the layout of the gear sets Transmission layout inside the 085

nige8021
Thanks Nige. Those look like info on the 6N > onwards boxes. Do you have the same for 86C 085 boxes?

Those are from Elsawin and it only starts from 1995 for the 6N :-(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Here's the list of the different codes with the ratios etc.

These links aren't working for me now.

I used to have them downloaded but i had to do a factory reset.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
nige8021

Anyone got any data on the 5 speed box fitted to the later formel e? I can only see the 4 speed on that German site.

It won't show up on Elsawin as it only covers from 1994/5 onwards :(

• 2 weeks later...

anyone knows the gear ratios of CEE?

I know it comes with the 1.05cc engine AAU, but I can't find any ratios for this box... only for AYZ and AHZ for that same engine

Edited by Fifress
nige8021

anyone knows the gear ratios of CEE?

I know it comes with the 1.05cc engine AAU, but I can't find any ratios for this box... only for AYZ and AHZ for that same engine

If you go to www.vagcat.com you need to register but that's free, then you can get the individual gears #'s of teeth and then work out the ratios, unfortunately it's a pre 95 box so the details are'nt given in elsawin :(

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

[3.1] 084-085 gearbox.ods

Hi here,
So I've produced ▲ this ▲ file that regroups all known 085 gearboxes and information about them. 
Only rule is please do not modify it and then advertise it as your own... that's all
Hoping it will be of use to you guys 🙂

Edited by Banora
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.