Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Lucaio's 9n3 Thread

Lucaio

Thought I'd get a build thread going to get some opinions/ideas from other members. Decided to go for a black on black look, basically just because I like how it looks.

My first ever car was starting to die, so I thought it would be time for a new one:

6069169007_aefb6eed38_b.jpg

Good night sweet prince.

Picked up Polo Sport 1.6 just before the new year after my Clio decided to disintegrate, bought her completely standard with 20k miles on the clock:

i2pvfk.jpg

A few simple mods then came into play at the front end. Some GTI headlights, debadge honeycomb grill and yellow lamin-x on the fogs with some yellow bulbs behind them (because race car):

2cgihle.jpg

Also fitted a K&N 57i intake kit under the bonnet which gave it a nice roar at the higher revs.

A month or so later went to pick up a GTI rear valance and chucked that on, then I took the car up to Pro-Speed in Cardiff to get a new backbox fitted so it has a nice purr:

rj3znk.jpg

Got myself some lower honeycomb grills to go with the top one and stickerbombed one side of them (although they are all faded now :( ):

14llo3l.jpg

Time for some new shoes! Picked up a set of TT Comps, they were crying out for a refurb and the tyres on them were massive so they needed changing:

msk3dg.jpg

A couple of photos of how she stood at this point:

2462ou1.jpg

faalg6.jpg

Comps went in for a refurb, took them up to APS in Swansea and he did a great job of them, can highly recommend him:

1187295_647925945226713_840102041_n.jpg

1175694_647925751893399_198911365_n.jpg

Then got some H&R springs fitted and chucked the alloys on and this is what she looks like now:

4t34m0.jpg

The back seems to sit much higher than the front which is my only problem, anyone know how I can get the back a bit lower?

I've also tinted the rear lights black, haven't managed to get a photo of it yet but I will do soon. I've got some fly eyes tint for the headlights as well, but not sure if I should put them on or not?

Up next:

-Painting brake calipers yellow

-Front GTI grill (paint red trim yellow and VW badge black)

-Front spoiler (need some suggestions on an 'aggressive' looking one?)

Near future:

-Window tints (not sure what to do with these as I don't want it too look stupid with the backs tinted and the fronts just all clear)

-Rear wiper delete

In a galaxy far far away:

-A decent set of coilovers, maybe KWs? (I've had a bad experience with budgets)

-Rear spoiler

-Touchscreen headunit + sound system

Hope you like it! If not tell me what looks sh*t :)

Edited by Lucaio
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lucaio

• ChrisSimm

• robbyrage

• betterelectric6

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fitted my LED strips today. Yup they are a bit chavy but I like them. Just a quick photo as my car is in despearte need of a clean, should've probably set them to yellow too....

Grabbed a quick pic with the light tints on, the windows are now crying out to be tinted (and a wiper delete).

JECMWUN.jpg

(Ignore the scruffyness where the VW badge is meant to be, I took it off to paint it black)

Edited by Lucaio
  • 2 months later...

Fitted my LED strips today. Yup they are a bit chavy but I like them.

8EMscQH.jpg

Just a quick photo as my car is in despearte need of a clean, should've probably set them to yellow too....

• Like 1

Nice one,

Keep it up.

lush always loved the black on black.

Thanks guys! :D

Just had my Road Tax, Insurance and MOT to pay out which hurt the bank account a bit.

Should get my windows tinted in January after I pass the MOT and get rid of the rear wiper, just to add some more black to the mix.

• 2 weeks later...

How much was the back box mate?

£178 fitted I think it was.

The guys up at pro-speed were really helpful too, as they build it for you when you are there you can choose exactly what you want.

The guys up at pro-speed were really helpful too, as they build it for you when you are there you can choose exactly what you want.

Thanks mate, i'd recommend getting the windows tinted even if it is just the back, i got mine tinted a couple weeks back and it definitely gives it a better look, i think the front windows can be tinted but on the sides and not the windscreen, not sure on this, that's just what i heard.

Thanks mate, i'd recommend getting the windows tinted even if it is just the back, i got mine tinted a couple weeks back and it definitely gives it a better look, i think the front windows can be tinted but on the sides and not the windscreen, not sure on this, that's just what i heard.

Yeah, taking her for her MOT this week and hopefully getting windows tinted sometime in January.

If I'm not mistaken you can do whatever you want with the rear windows and the two front windows can be tinted up to 20%.

Yeah, taking her for her MOT this week and hopefully getting windows tinted sometime in January.

If I'm not mistaken you can do whatever you want with the rear windows and the two front windows can be tinted up to 20%.

Yeah, i think I'm gonna get the front two windows tinted next (Just have the back ones done at the moment), may get the tailights done too

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i think I'm gonna get the front two windows tinted next (Just have the back ones done at the moment), may get the tailights done too

Back 3 windows can be anything you want there are no guidelines/laws for them Front side windows MUST give through 70% light and you can actually tint your windscreen mine is tinted. 75% light MUST pass through.

A Nice collab of all 5 windows tinted are back 3 at 20% light through , front windows 70% light through windscreen 75% light through.

This is the formula i have for my tints and it flows well & doesnt look mad like LIMO 0% light tint on the back than 70% through on front.

In any essence your car looks flush & i f&@king love those wheels!!

Edited by robbyrage
  • 1 month later...

Back 3 windows can be anything you want there are no guidelines/laws for them Front side windows MUST give through 70% light and you can actually tint your windscreen mine is tinted. 75% light MUST pass through.

A Nice collab of all 5 windows tinted are back 3 at 20% light through , front windows 70% light through windscreen 75% light through.

This is the formula i have for my tints and it flows well & doesnt look mad like LIMO 0% light tint on the back than 70% through on front.

In any essence your car looks flush & i f&@king love those wheels!!

Cheers mate!

And thanks for the tint advice, going to go for exactly what you said just shopping about for some quotes.

EDIT: Everywhere refused to do my windscreen even at a really light tint, so I ditched that idea. Best quote I got was £130 for 85% on the 4 rears and 50% on the two fronts (The guy recommended this for the best "flow"). Booked it in for this Friday, will get photos up as soon as I can.

Edited by Lucaio
  • 3 weeks later...

Window tinting is complete. Here's a super quick snap, I will take better ones with a proper camera once the weather improves:

4ug9k2.jpg

Need to remove the rear wiper too and re tint the lights. I tried the lights the other day with the vinyl tint but did an absolutely sh*te job of it, thinking of trying the tint spray anyone had any experience with that?

• 10 months later...

Hi

I've used tint spray and it is really easy, the only thing is that you need to buy lacquer if you want it to look really shiny.

Love your polo though!

• 3 years later...