Jellis

Mk3 Clutch Pedal left to right wobble and slight squeek

Jellis

Hey

I was wondering if someone may be able to help.

I have a slight right to left movement (about 3/4 inch) in my clutch pedal and I'm not too sure what is causing it?

The pedal box was replaced about 4 weeks ago, so I'll be suprised if that has gone again.

There is also a slight squeek when lifting the pedal up and down. this only happens when the engine is on. Its not coming from the gear box, but it may be coming from the clutch. I have a feeling that it may be the presure plate in the clutch but not too sure. the clutch was only replaced 5 months ago, so this also seems unlikely.

Any help, or suggestions to what may be causing these problems would be great?

Cheers.

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

It's a bit of a pain, but I would suggest that you either remove the driving seat or (if you are not 'oversize') push it right back and get yourself under there with a torch, you should be able to see what is causing the problem. If someone else fitted the new pedal box for you, I would suggest that you ask them to sort it out for you.

If the squeak is continuous, it could be from the clutch release bearing, but if it only happens once as the pedal is being pressed/released, it could be from the clutch cable or even the pedal box.

Regards.