Ryso08

Black 6n2 Polo First Car! Updated!

Ryso08

After reading many posts on this for inspiration and help i thought i might as well try a post and see how it goes, this is my first build project so bear with me. I got my 1.4 6n2 polo back in September last year but due to only being 16 it sat around for a while until i could drive. Started this on Uk polos but didnt get much response so heres hoping this is a little better ;)

DSC03497_zps5e8ef46a.jpg

DSC03499_zps76f67988.jpg

After passing my test in December i decided it was time to start saving up for things for the car. First on all i bought some new speakers for the car and a kenwood stereo.

IMG_1437_zps30f1ffdc.jpg

At the end of February i decided to look into getting some leather seats for the car and hopefully get some at a good price. After weeks of checking ebay a set came up not to far from mine and at a good price. So a trip through to Dunfermline it was.

Mk3 Golf mulberry leathers:

IMG_1447_zps530dae17.jpg

IMG_1448_zpsb36d8e6c.jpg

Due to the weather being terrible they sat in my room for a few weeks until i finally got a decent day to fit them. During that time i managed to end up with new speaker covers and some tins of spray paint. I decided the interior was in need of change.

Before:

IMG_1436_zps7a2c680e.jpg

IMG_1438_zps4f717e34.jpg

IMG_1441_zps199d1009.jpg

During:

IMG_1450_zps210f5075.jpg

Think i must have sprayed it the most awkward way possible.

2 tins of upholstery spray, 5 tins of black spray and 2 tins of purple spray later:

IMG_1464_zpsf74b1387.jpg

IMG_1468_zps16301b60.jpg

IMG_1462_zpsad07e106.jpg

IMG_1471_zpscaae8472.jpg

IMG_1474_zps6fb4414a.jpg

IMG_1469_zps46a6ac3b.jpg

I ran out of upholstery spray before i could do the carpet and floor mats :( But was happy with the outcome and as of yet the paint hasn't flaked of chiped so fingers crossed.

After much thought i decided to go for the stanced banded steelies option, so i saved up and bought some Mk2 golf 14" steels and due to only working 2 days a week the budget for coilovers doesnt stretch very far (just now). £200 infact so JOM blueline coilovers it was. And yesterday the postman arrived with many a parcel.

IMG_1650_zps93ced958.jpg

IMG_1652_zps6c36987b.jpg

IMG_1663_zps8286fab2.jpg

After a couple of months of saving to get the wheels banded they finally arrived, however i was to rushed to put them on that i just stuck my existing tyres on and at first they didnt seem to bad.

Banded Steel wheels 8j front and back on 185/55/14 tyres
DSC03815_zps36049f3a.jpg
DSC03816_zps024482c2.jpg
DSC03814_zps8614d361.jpg
DSC03818_zps1867dd9c.jpg
DSC03817_zpsb8315712.jpg
DSC03820_zps5ba16484.jpg
image_zps3069fd57.jpg

The car stayed like this for a while then i got fed up of cycling my bmx 30 minutes to the skate park so i managed to get a set of roof bars on ebay for an okay price.

Oh and a Gti splitter that was in pretty poor condition.

image_zps43760be2.jpg

Let me know what you guys think so far :D

More updates up shortly

Edited by Ryso08
  • Like 1

po-low-grey

Great progress mate :) love the black and purple theme 💜 how is the headliner looking now has it faded at all? Also where did you get the spray :)

olliehs

Great progress mate :) love the black and purple theme how is the headliner looking now has it faded at all? Also where did you get the spray :)

I reakon considering he only posted this 40 mins ago its probably not yet faded! haha :D

andrewo

Love what you've done to it mate. Keep up the good work :)

jackhymas

That looks pretty awesome for a first car mate, top work

+1 for the black/purple theme!

po-low-grey

Great progress mate :) love the black and purple theme how is the headliner looking now has it faded at all? Also where did you get the spray :)

I reakon considering he only posted this 40 mins ago its probably not yet faded! haha :D

He obviously didn't spray it 40 minutes ago 😂

Ryso08

Thanks bud :) the stuffs called "Simply Spray Upholstery Spray Paint" great stuff had it done for ages and its not faded at all. would advise taking the headliner out the car to spray haha. I tried it on the carpet however and it was a waste of time.

Love what you've done to it mate. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks bud :D

That looks pretty awesome for a first car mate, top work

+1 for the black/purple theme!

Thanks haha yeah kinda hooked on the purple

Ryso08

So this is what i have been up to over the last few weeks.

Polo unfortunately went from looking like this

IMG_3270_zpsd5d0f494.jpg

to this

IMG_4069_zpsde46ffd3.jpg

IMG_4070_zpsbe5341a9.jpg

and then back to its "looking sorry for itself" state

IMG_2593_zpsb0c3b956.jpg

And due to some fresh ideas the steeies had to go to :-(

IMG_3191_zps78b1968c.jpg

I then decided to start getting to work on the boot

IMG_4159_zpsb79123f9.jpg

IMG_4184_zpsfc1e4a2d.jpg

However Christmas is coiming and my mum was in a even more cheerful mood than normal and made me this

IMG_4213_zps74370470.jpg

Boot update soon!!

Ryso08

Oh and also got this delivery from car audio security the other day!!

22D78354-1722-4221-B8D7-67E809EE811D_zps

andrewo

Gotta love mum's :-)

shantybeater

Great progress, really impressed with the black/purple door cards, good job

moroney

Did you simply spray the doorcards? Have they not flaked, faded or anything?

Ryso08

Did you simply spray the doorcards? Have they not flaked, faded or anything?

Made the mistake the first time of just spraying them straight up, but if you plastic primer them and avoid people putting there feet on things they don't fade or flake haha

Ryso08

Also does anyone know where i can get a Gti spoiler for a decent price? any colour aswell will do.

shantybeater

Keep an eye out on ebay for breaking GTI's you tend to get the entire boot cheaper than just the spoiler especially once you've sold your old tailgate

Ryso08

Keep an eye out on ebay for breaking GTI's you tend to get the entire boot cheaper than just the spoiler especially once you've sold your old tailgate

Yeah been keeping an eye out on ebay but everything that seems to come up is way down in England and to get bootlids posted is a fair bit haha. When i had no money there were lots and now i have money i cant find any lol

olliehs

Yeah been keeping an eye out on ebay but everything that seems to come up is way down in England and to get bootlids posted is a fair bit haha. When i had no money there were lots and now i have money i cant find any lol

Only cost £20 max to post a bootlid mate

Ryso08

Not a very exciting weekend

Saturday seen a trip to U Pull It for a wheelbarrow day and some how managed to fit all this and another golf bootlid on 1 wheelbarrow.

E75A5D1C-123A-4EE4-A8DF-E74AED521A8D_zps

3BE247A3-F656-4165-A2AD-89B8BCDFBEAB_zps

Trying to get it under the arch was a moment to remember lol.

So saturday and sunday night were spent in the garage doing somemore bumper work and some bootwork. All i need for my boot now is that gti spoiler

D2FD6418-8D11-4DCC-B34B-470BB6308165_zps

image_zps6ade7898.jpeg

First time doing any work of this sort so quite excited to see the outcome

More Updates soon!!

AllanHardie

Only just seen you are from Edinburgh, will need to have a meet or something, polo is looking great for a first car, and a good lot from UpullIt! planned going up myself and stripping out a polo of parts haha

Ryso08

Only just seen you are from Edinburgh, will need to have a meet or something, polo is looking great for a first car, and a good lot from UpullIt! planned going up myself and stripping out a polo of parts haha

Yeah bud defo! My cars in a bit of a state the now with bit lying about my garage and all sorts but when its done will get something organised. Scrapies was okay at the weekend, a few polos about but none with anything special on them unfortunately and all in the wrong colour haha!

andrewo

Looking forward to the updates

Ryso08

Update from this week!

New wheels came for next year :D

bc009526576411e384041243d2856edf_8_zps64

ceb36fe8576611e3bcb31235cf0a2eeb_8_zpsf8

And made a start on some wrapping

7efd080c699e11e3b5520a6023ad9e8a_8_zpsa8

Let me know what you guys think :D

• Like 1

andrewo

Love the wheels, what armrest is that?

moroney

Cant wait to see what the arm rest looks like! Looking for one myself.