Conville

6n2 Insurance

Conville

Hello, i've just recently joined Club Polo and should be making the purchase of a 6n2 polo very soon, i've looked into insurance and the cheapest i've been quoted is £115.09 a month, making £1381.08 a year, unfortunately i can't afford to pay up front otherwise it'd be around the 1100 mark! Are there any tips you guys could give me to try and lower it slightly, i'm yet to try adrian flux, will be ringing tomorrow to get a quote.

I'm 18 years of age, driving for 4 months with no NCD, no extra driving qualifications and the car is a 1999 Polo L 1.0 6n2. I've added both my parents, although my mum has a claim from 09 which doesn't count because it's over 3 years, and the claim wasn't her fault. Ideally i'd like to bring it down to the £100 a month mark, but any cheaper would be great because having a part time job without set hours means i'll have to work a minimum of 22 hours a month, that's excluding petrol.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

MaxVW

Hi

Have you put in a limited mileage? Mines 6000.

The only website I use is quotezone.co.uk.

Because it really quick to get quotes for different cars once you've filled all the pages in.

Admiral are always the cheapest for me.

Max

Conville

Yeah my miles are set at 6000.

I'll have a look at quotezone now, thanks.

IOWChris

Paying yearly is obviously the cheaper option if you can afford it.

I ended up putting 5000 miles on mine (seemed to drop it more than 6000) then it was down to where it was stored during the day/night, who was on the insurance etc. It's ultimately down to how much you want to bend the truth though. Having your license for 1 year will make it drop a couple of hundred too but it's a long wait.

I think I ended up paying ~£800 a year for my 1.0 6n2 which i'm still not overly pleased with :(

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hello, i've just recently joined Club Polo and should be making the purchase of a 6n2 polo very soon, i've looked into insurance and the cheapest i've been quoted is £115.09 a month, making £1381.08 a year, unfortunately i can't afford to pay up front otherwise it'd be around the 1100 mark! Are there any tips you guys could give me to try and lower it slightly, i'm yet to try adrian flux, will be ringing tomorrow to get a quote.

I'm 18 years of age, driving for 4 months with no NCD, no extra driving qualifications and the car is a 1999 Polo L 1.0 6n2. I've added both my parents, although my mum has a claim from 09 which doesn't count because it's over 3 years, and the claim wasn't her fault. Ideally i'd like to bring it down to the £100 a month mark, but any cheaper would be great because having a part time job without set hours means i'll have to work a minimum of 22 hours a month, that's excluding petrol.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Did you get a quote from ourselves? If so how did we do?

Regards,

Dan.

wazdaspaz

The sad thing is... for your age... you will get spanked.... seems you got a really good quote there considering...

Just shop around

VdoubleU

Who was that quote from? because that's really good!

Poultsy

Check out ADMIRAL!

Got a quote from them today £575.62 for TPFT

I have 1.4 6n2, no NCB, and I'm 19

they're definetely worth checking out!

Conville

Who was that quote from? because that's really good!

That quote was from General Accident Cover

Check out ADMIRAL!

Got a quote from them today £575.62 for TPFT

I have 1.4 6n2, no NCB, and I'm 19

they're definetely worth checking out!

Yeah i rang them up and they said they couldn't offer me any cheaper that £1095 a year and £1895 monthly!

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Did you get a quote from ourselves? If so how did we do?

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan, i rang up and unfortunately got quoted £2500, so i've had to rule you guys out, i'm hoping after this car i'll be able to buy something a bit bigger and add more mods, so you're always my first choice when it comes to modified car insurance.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Thanks for the reply

Sorry to hear we couldn't compete - Thanks for trying us, hopefully we will be able to compete come renewal.

Thanks

Dan.

rosshall22

for your information.. the postcode of where your vehicle is kept can greatly change price.. If you have any relatives/friends nearby to keep your car there even one street down the road can be from £10-100s cheaper or expensive...

less than 10k a year actually increases your insurance slightly as does 20k+ working in insurance years ago your actually more of a risk doing less miles in a sense of less experience on the road... food for thought :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.