RyDub

Washing your car.

RyDub

Bit of a random one but I would like to get the best I can out as I'm a bit of a clean freak, so I wanted to know what do you use as in wash/wax/shine and so on when prepping for a show for instance and how you do it.. As obviously people have various ways they'd do it.

Would like to know products that you'd recommend also and/or best company's to buy such products from.

MikeyMK

Rain water. When it rains, my car gets washed.

• Like 1

Dakota

I used to show my Mk2 Golf GTi all over the country, loved Autoglym products. The Super Resin polish is really good. The problem was that I used to spend all day cleaning the car before the show, drive to the show and have to clean it again but not as full on. You end up not looking round the show lol. God damn, I even used to remove the wheels. Fully polished and chromed engine bay, all Samco hoses, full respray in Met Black. They were the good days. Have a look on Detailing World mate, they're a bunch of polishing perverts on there. They spend all wkend cleaning their cars then drive two miles to work and have to clean it again

RyDub

yeah shall have to give them a whirl then. just wanted some new products and tips as i just do very basic crap and cheap products haha

Elijah

I use basic car shampoo with lots of hot water. When polishing I like the autoglym super resin and occassionly will clay bar. For the tyres I always use me guirars as its great.

neil74

My polo is going in for a 8 hour polish and detailing session on saturday. I've seen cars he's done the cars come out like a mirror.

RyDub

My polo is going in for a 8 hour polish and detailing session on saturday. I've seen cars he's done the cars come out like a mirror.

Yeah i want to get mine in for a stage 3 polish haha

• Like 1

FA57 MJM

I use a mix of autosmart products dodo juice and meguires.

Must haves imo

Autosmart g101 best apc ever use it for everything

Magifoam insane snow foam pre wash, I don't touch the car 3/4 times in the winter.

Dodo juice basic of bling detail spray, available in concentrate so works out really good price.

Dodo juice born Skippy clay lube and any decent clay.

And the odd one out valetpro bilberry wheel cleaner, pulls light brake dust but doesn't damage polished rims that's at 1 in 15 conc

derskine

I haven't washed my polo gt once since owning it, I'm a lazy nice person when it comes to stuff like this.

chrisjb330

Wash with Autoglym Shampoo

Clay bar it

Wash again

Apply 3 layers of Super Resin Polish

Apply 3 layers of Autoglym HD Wax

I just was with shampoo for the next month or so and its still clean as when i did it all.

Autoglym stuff is pretty good, the hd wax is great.

Got the stuff for machine polishing when the weather gets better

VdoubleU

Machine polishing isn't hard I've recently done my whole car and was well worth the time!

I used Auto glym shampoo, Auto glym SRP and autobrite project 32 sealant. Really do recommend a spray on sealant rather than a wax it's so much easier and probably less harmful than waxing as you're not scrubbing the dried wax off.

But haven't cleaned my car for a few weeks because it just gets instantly dirty any way in this weather.

mikedub93

Dodo juice all they way, Reasonably priced too.

RyDub

i've heard good stuff about dodo juice so i may give that a shot, been looking at autobrite and they seen good also and have good deals for kits.

VdoubleU

Bit late now but autobrite do amazing Christmas sales, 12 days of Christmas type thing. I usually buy all my autobrite stuff then.

RyDub

Yeah I missed out on all their deals:( haha lack of money around crimbo time..