VdoubleU

Polo harlequin! - Restoration's underway

VdoubleU

Just ordered the cavity wax. Went for Dinitrol 1000 clear cavity wax in the end. SOOOO many to choose from!

• Like 1

VdoubleU

Thank you! Still got a long way to go though.

Got my Dinitrol. Just need to wait until we move house so I have a garage to work in. Harlequin's not being used much at the moment but still fires up instantly after a few weeks of standing!

dinitrol.jpg

Vwp6n

Lovely little car love this attention to detail not many project like this keep up the good work!

VdoubleU

Suppose it's time to update this.

Not much has happened really, it's just been tucked up in the garage. We've bought: a gearbox, clutch, wing, central locking pump and some new wipers.

At the start of the show season last year we had some touch ups done like the lacquer peal on top of the rear door and the wings.

The passenger side wing was quite rusty, so we knew it'd come back through, but it was in the body shop and they said they'd do it for the cost of the paint so why not :pardon:

It came out of hibernation for Ultimate Dubs

Harl1.jpg

harl8.jpg

harl2.jpg

harl9.jpg

harl3.jpg

This is the new wing we got. In fjord blue just like my first polo :sorry:

harl5.jpg

Most importantly, no rust! (the first pic is just a stone chip)

harl6.jpg

harl7.jpg

Got it all painted! Very nice and shiny!

harl4.jpg

Going to fit it this weekend. Was going to do it last weekend but with the nice weather I ended up drinking too much and being hungover sunday :-o

• Like 2

Buggirl

I love these and would love one myself!  They are just so awesome!  Like Lego!

• Like 1

docdoc

brought this car on ebay from a dealer in Dundee but after a 8 hour travel on xmas eve , i didnt buy it , nothing to do with what the last owner had done but it still needs a load of work doing to it and it wouldnt start off the key every time  so beaware of this if it appears on ebay again , a it ill need a run 6-700 pounds spent on it to get it any where near right , 

mondeladas

Hard to see this days an Harlequin so neat and tidy like yours, I'm impressed !

Congrats, a real well done project. Love the car !

VdoubleU

Well I sold it and now I've bought it back! Needs a bit of welding done because it was put on air 😩 But not long and it'll be back on the road and the restoration will continue 😁 Luckily the previous work I had done has held up well! Needs a machine polish to get it back up to scratch though. 

IMG-0294.jpg

Edited by VdoubleU