Sign in to follow this  
Olly9N3

Polo 9N3 1.4TDI Cambelt Change

Olly9N3

Hi,

I'll be buying a 2009 9N3 Polo with 53k on the clock this weekend, If I don't see a cambelt change on the service history, when should this be done? I managed to get quite a bit of money off and it's a beaut so it's worth it. How much would I be looking at for a new cambelt and water pump?

Thanks.

andy25_hill

When mine when into VW for a service they advise that for 9N3 TDI it should be 60k when the belt need to be changed.

matt01

As above 60k or 3 years (whichever comes first) used to be 6ok/6years but vw changed it as the belts were prematurely snapping

Olly9N3

When mine when into VW for a service they advise that for 9N3 TDI it should be 60k when the belt need to be changed.

As above 60k or 3 years (whichever comes first) used to be 6ok/6years but vw changed it as the belts were prematurely snapping

Thanks guys :) May aswell get it done at around 55k then! Been quoted 250+VAT for the whole kit and water pump. Seem reasonable?

matt01

I did it myself and the kit + pump was £100, so with a few hours labour that's seems about right