Olly9N3

Olly's 9N3 TDI

Olly9N3

Hi everyone!

Upgraded my car on Saturday from a Corsa 1.0 (work of the devil!) to a 1.4TDI for my daily commute from Hull to York! Planning on some quick progress with this so watch this space! Going for purple on black, just waiting for some matt purple plasti dip to arrive to do various parts of the car with!

The day I got her:

2dhgu3b.jpg

Needed a good clean inside and out so I did that and the fitted a GTi grill

2460393.jpg

16ibmf5.jpg

Took her for a quick spin!

25zm9ls.jpg

Don't worry, yesterday I took the GTi off and replaced it with something a bit more suiting! GTi lowers are in the post too!

103ss2w.jpg

ettp1c.jpg

Also debadged the rear and dewipered too! I can confirm that you do not need to disconnect the washer jet in the engine bay, no water comes out at all with what I did, 3 zip tyres a bit of tape!

egoal2.jpg

The rear looks a ton better now!

10zs66c.jpg

That's about it for now!

Stuff on their way/will soon be ordered are:

• FK Highsport Coilovers - 2 weeks delivery time
  • Team Heko wind deflectors
  • New n/s fog light
  • New map reading light
  • Few purple goodies
  • Plasti Dip
  • Pressed plates

Not sure what wheels to go for though! Any help would be appreciated! Quite like porsche twists but I'd prefer something with the 5x100 PCD so I don't need adapters.

Will update when there's something worth updating about!

Edited by Olly9N3
  • Like 1

rouletwilson

You were at Rollin'Crew meet last night! Still got loads of parts off my 9n3 if you need anything (got some wind deflectors you can have for £10)

I was in the white polo gti

Olly9N3

You were at Rollin'Crew meet last night! Still got loads of parts off my 9n3 if you need anything (got some wind deflectors you can have for £10)

Oh hi! Nice GTI :) Ooooooooooo I shit you not I put my wind deflectors on few hours before I got there. I was in the shirt and that (came straight from work, looks ridiculous for a car meet)

What else you got? :)

Still got the Dares?

Olly9N3

Or the roof bars!

rouletwilson

The dares are going on my GTI and the Roof Bars I'm selling with the car mate.

Got spares like a bluemotion grille, headlights, got some 16" steelies in cream if your into that haha

Selling my car to lad from Rollin Crew though so you two could swap parts etc.

Olly9N3

The dares are going on my GTI and the Roof Bars I'm selling with the car mate.

Got spares like a bluemotion grille, headlights, got some 16" steelies in cream if your into that haha

Selling my car to lad from Rollin Crew though so you two could swap parts etc.

Ah fair enough. How come the bars are going with the car? Are they a pain to fit and that? Looking for some for a bike rack!

Olly9N3
Little bit of progress to do this weekend! She's in for a cambelt tomorrow so I don't know when I'll get her back.
Anyone with Polo knowledge know if the silver bit here comes off?
2ecmdyq.jpg
Ordered a replacement for this which came today! Damn iPod models!
2jba6q9.jpg
10r63c8.jpg
Wind deflectors are in
j9x5yt.jpg
GTI lowers are here too, just need to replace the fog light before I put them in, I here they're a pain to get out once in.
2q9kt37.jpg
34pni46.jpg
Coilovers taking forever to come! Anyone dealt with Venom Motorsports before? They have to come from Germany :(

Got around to spraying my badges on Saturday. Did them this colour, was expecting A LOT darker and they just didn't look right on the car.
a2w461.jpg
Decided to pop out for some matt black and do it that colour instead. Looks much better!
516nbl.jpg
2s63hg2.jpg
On the car
2i0xd8o.jpg
2pt894z.jpg
33eq0rr.jpg
Finally got this in!
2eqcton.jpg
Still waiting for my coilovers & fog light :( Ordered pressed plates so all I need now is a few LED bulbs and wheels then it's done! (well apart from ICE, GTI Stuff, Leather seats/buckets, body wrap, a/b pillar in suede, steering wheel, larger intake. remap, stainless system, egr delete, smoothing, hydro dipped wheels).... Still done for now though!

rouletwilson

Roof bars take 2 mins to take off, its just the lad whos buying the car wants them so might aswell throw them in

As for your steering wheel, just pull it, just pops straight off. Same for all the plastic bits on the steering wheel

Olly9N3

Roof bars take 2 mins to take off, its just the lad whos buying the car wants them so might aswell throw them in

As for your steering wheel, just pull it, just pops straight off. Same for all the plastic bits on the steering wheel

Awwwww I'd have bought them!

Olly9N3
Well it's been a while since I've updated here, been a bit of a rollercoaster with the car (mostly the coilies) but I've done 4k miles so far and she's not missed a beat! So I'll try and carry on from where I left off.

So I got my coilovers on and went 3/4 the way down with the helpers/adjusters in.

b539yc.jpg

Wasn't even all the way down but I was really enjoying it :D

20h6hys.jpg

That didn't last long though as within 500 miles the dampers in the fronts failed, so as I'm typing this they are in Germany getting repaired under warranty (they didn't want to send new ones for some reason)

So back to standard height! :(

2e0tnup.jpg

20qba6p.jpg

Pressed plates arrived :)

1zohxl0.jpg

And on the car

27xqpfo.jpg

Double DIN arrived, got my sub in too.

2l7v44.jpg

Fitting

2krj4l.jpg

In the car

zo7z3p.jpg

Did a little road trip in Hurricane Bertha down to Norwich yesterday to pick up this bargain. Will be getting stretched tyres and getting refurbed in Midnight Purple. Audi Speedlines, 7j, 16"... Perfect.

anctxg.jpg

Little clean

2ep1s0m.jpg

That's it for now, should get my coilies back soon, not much progress this month as I've had bills to pay and insurance is this month too but I'm sure it'll pick up again :)