Sign in to follow this  
polo_p_69

surrey/south london meet

polo_p_69

Hi all, i have been looking for a while now if there is any meets in the south of england? there used to be a few but all seem to be gone or are few and far between.. when i say south of england i am from croydon, but i mean anywhere in surrey, south london etc?. if there isn't any planned on a reg basis or any in the future, i think it may be a good idea to possibly start something off here now.. i go to prept all the time at brands hatch and recently went to the one at Danson stables, but was looking to do something else as well as going to these events, just a small get together for like minded people where we can enjoy each others polos, golfs and other vags or any other cars if they have a similar interest, and see what happens. if anyone has any information or anything useful for places to meet and people to come please feel free to add/say what you like, and see if we can get the ball rolling.

many thanks.

Lee

• Like 2

Starry

I have heard of a meet at the tesco in camberley on a sunday evening but not sure what it's like as i have never been but would be interested in some sort of meet in the surrey area too. I hail from Farnborough myself

jbee

I'm from Orpington, totally new to all this. Finding a local regular meet would be nice.

Matts1992

I'm from croydon to used to go to the purley way cruise quite abit would be nice to hav more meets a lot closer to us lol

BLACK6N

Any way polo p69 how you going to get there you ain't got a car. Lol. What you gonna do get your mate to bring you in his bus. Lmao.

polo_p_69

ok cool people, there seems to be some interest as such to somehow put together something. we just need a few more people that may be up for a meet or get together of some kind, so maybe something could happen soon.

STARRY- if you do go to that meet or you know someone who does let us know what it is like please, could maybe get something going over there.

and nobody listen to BLACK6N i do have a car, lol. :P

Starry

gonna be at volksfest this sunday but will check it out next week. should be a nice smooth carpark to give my RC a blast as well as it's feeling neglected now i have a new real car!

Starry

was talking to the boyfriend of one of my mrs friends today who runs a couple of meets, one in chobham services, one at the krispy kreme in New Malden and another at the big tesco in Kensington.

haven't been to any yet but will get dates and attend soon. The guy is pretty sound though so i imagine the meets will be cool.

polo_p_69

yeah sounds cool, let us know details etc when you do

Claddish

Never heard of this Sunday meet in Camberley, I live in Yateley and it sounds good. If you are down there then you can introduce me to everyone :)

wizardmanjm

well I'm in stanwell near staines and can get anywhere heathrow, feltham, staines, hounslow croydon and kingston etc...

what about ace cafe london??? they dp vw meets and the polo guys could all travel and park up together there and get some pretty good food too??

Dean

Yea don't listen to these two (Lee and Russel) in this thread as they love a good 'ol Purley Way Cruise :P

We used to have Dub-London, then some of us split off and had a Croydon cruise (Dub-Croydon anyone lol?) at Tesco Purley Caulsdon, then it moved to Tattenham Corner Station (Epsom Downs) and then everyone pissed off and got different cars and now no one goes.

I don't trust Purley Way at all and you will get a S.59 from the police for being in an asbo area, they drive like pillocks and forever hearing them down my old road.

Our group was good when we all turned up, it turned in to more of a friends gathering and enjoying the drive to Epsom than anything else.

Also our group got larger and used to go to No-Rice (Guildford) now that was brilliant, a long way to go but the atmosphere was great and the drive was fun, miss a lot of people there and the group but as stated, everyone seems to of moved on and upwards.

Then a couple of us moved on to another group and that expanded but they wasn't all polo's, we then went to Kripsy at New Malden ^ As stated above, but again that got a little much so it went back to Epsom. We then moved in with Surrey-Dubs but that didn't last long lol.

Anyone remember the SeaSide Cruise to Eastbourne??? - http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=136909

For anyone interested of the previous meets in Croydon, see this archived Topic; http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=245905

And the Croydon Crew ORIGINAL 42 page thread from Arron's misses - http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=117236&page=1