Sign in to follow this  
rosshammond785

Help with Trim/side skirt

rosshammond785

Hello all

I have a x reg 6N2 polo and love it to bits its only a 1L but with GTI spoiler and blue lights

I hate the grey strips / side skirts ( don't know the actual name for them) and would love some the same colour as the car (silver) I have no idea where to get some from or the proper term for them. yes I am aware I may look like I have zero knowledge asking this!! (ps have added a pic of what I mean)

HELP PLEASE!!!

post-917721-0-31394400-1407944855_thumb.

MaxVW

Rub strips/ bump strips.

Why not paint the ones you have?

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

The rub/bump strips only come in two colours Black & Primer, but as above, remove them and paint them, the ones in the bumpers need the bumpers to be removed to unclip them, the ones on the side you need to warm them with a hot air blower and then they should peel off

rosshammond785

well they have a texture to them the ones that are currently on will this look a bit off up close if i painted them?

i have seen polo's that are silver that have same colour rub/bump strips (the bump/rub strips are silver also) will these be painted or can they actually be purchased.

VdoubleU

You'll have to sand them down and paint them. Or take them them some where like a automotive repair shop and have them spray them.

The only way you'd get them if from a car that's for breaking and they'd probably need painting any way.

nige8021

Either that or buy a complete set of the ones in primer from VW/TPS

rosshammond785

Thanks guys

I will have a look for some ones in primer if its too expensive i will sand them down and do it myself, whichever seems cheaper i'll go with that one :)

nige8021

Just the door bump strip is listed @ 35 €uros in Germany !! One trim behind the door 25 €uros One rear bumper bit is 25 €uros front bumper trim 36 €uros So that comes to 206 €uros by the time the UK stealerships added their markup wouldn't be much change from £300 !!!

rosshammond785

Dang!! think it be best to sand down the ones I've got and get a bit of help painting them!

evans96

I'm planning on doing the same thing! i was planning on sanding the black ones down being as they are plastic will it not just scratch them and then show through the paint?