ollyfawcett

Need a new Exhaust etc

ollyfawcett

Hi Everyone,

having just acquired my new car (Mk2 Polo Coupe S 1990 1.3), I now need a new exhaust.

I don't want a loud, lairy, banging and popping exhaust. Although I like the sound, thats not my thing. I'd piss off the neighbours too.

So, What I'm looking for is a set up that adds a teeny weeny bit of volume, enough to make your head turn, and something that adds some performance. Feel free to recommend other engine mods that might help.

Budget wise, As much as I would like to throw a grand at it, I don't have a grand. But, I would rather spend a bit more and get a proper job than anything else.

So, recommend away. You can probably guess that my mechanical ability is limited. I know my way round it but, yeah, limited.

Thankyou for any help :)

Olly.

[Pictures] http://gyazo.com/f6834494862ce22df00db8eebebea3a3

steveo3002

ebay- g40 exhaust , then get an adaptor to join it at the down pipe

ollyfawcett

ebay- g40 exhaust , then get an adaptor to join it at the down pipe

hi Steve,

thanks for the advice :) what kind of adapter do i need? and do i need to make any other engine modifications to fit the exhaust/make it run better?

cheers!!!

Olly

steveo3002

the g40 pipe will be slighly larger diameter , so something to sort that out you would need to measure it and go on ebay

otherwise no they just bolt on and work..try ebay.de too , theres often some good deals (g40 auspuff)

like this with your sizes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Adaptor-Reducer-Joining-Sleeve-Connector-Any-Size-/111083884881?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19dd1d9151

Edited by steveo3002

ollyfawcett

ok cool, sounds good.

would I need welding for that connector?

and also any idea how much louder it would be? Although i don't want it too loud I would like a bit of a grumbler

steveo3002

can use exhaust clamps

a standard g40 system should be what you require...bit loud n mean , but not to boy racer

Fungus

I went for a straight through middle section on mine, and a g40 back box (as Steve has suggested)

ollyfawcett

g40 exhaust is sound pretty good then. do I have to declare it on my insurance even though its a standard vw exhaust?