Polo 6n 8v APQ Cam ideas

veggiegary

Was wondering what cams have been put into these engines (APQ) before?

I'm just trying to squeeze a little more life into my 8v 6n.

I'm just in process of fitting a pipercross viper enclosed induction kit & toying with the idea of a steel exhaust manifold.

The engines due a cambelt change in a few thousand miles so thought it would be a good time to consider a new cam.

I've looked at a 264 & a 268 deg which both sound reasonable from http://www.newman-cams.com/catalogue.html but wondering if these would even fit?

Any suggestions people???

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harris.racing

• veggiegary

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man,

I had an APQ in my 6n originally... Then a friend off here had it off me, it's got a 268 in and is on carbs with an exhaust... Still not properly setup... I'd imagine it's still over 100hp.. It made 97 or something on smaller carbs which wernt as good and I think with a standard exhaust too.. Goes well but it is in a mk2 not a 6n.

Induction kit won't really find you anything, the 8v injection on a 6n is kinda shit I think, and you can't get chips that suit the MPI easily. Not sure it would adapt to the changes with fitting a cam either!