Sign in to follow this  
wgdm

wgdm's 9n FSI Sport

wgdm

Hello fellow Polo owners/enthusiasts,

I'm Will, I am fairly new to the forum and I am the proud owner of a 9n series polo. I passed my driving test in May and bought my polo as my first car back in early June. So far I've only managed to do some minor mods as my insurance provider is really strict where aftermarket modifications are concerned. I'm running the polo on a reasonably limited budget, but I have started saving for some nice alloys and coilovers etc.

I admit that this is more of me showing off my car than a build thread, but it is a build in (very slow) progress anyway. I hope that I can make it look even better than it is currently, once I can ditch my restrictive and in my opinion awful black box insurance. (I'm with Ingenie).

Any suggestions of mods I could do when I get around to it would be welcome and appreciated.

- Basic Information -

Model: 2004 9n

Engine: 1.4 FSI petrol

Suspension: standard factory sport trim suspension with the 40mm factory drop. (It's practically slammed, right?)

Brakes: discs all around.

Wheels and Tyres: factory Melbourne alloys.

Exterior Styling: black paint, Top Gear and ClubPolo stickers, red brake callipers and LED Sidelights.

Interior Styling: tailored floor mats, blue sidelights.

ICE and Security: Alpine BT mechless head unit, Fli trap 12 subwoofer, standard factory alarm.

- Pictures -

YiIKrS1.jpg

ljWxGjl.jpgqYtnE5p.jpg4hGnyLE.jpg2F98SC8.jpgX78r1jh.jpgGFHmKdR.jpg

lYXocu6.jpg

Edited by wgdm
  • Like 1

Hunchos

looks pretty good mate , i just got my polo aswell i thought mine was clean urs is brilliant

i always wanted to know , the two door polos do they have working speakers in the rear "doors"

wgdm

looks pretty good mate , i just got my polo aswell i thought mine was clean urs is brilliant

i always wanted to know , the two door polos do they have working speakers in the rear "doors"

Thanks, I'm pretty much obsessed with it being clean, inside and out.

Mine has the 8 speaker setup from the factory, 4 in the front, 4 in the back. They work in the rear side panels, but they're not amazing quality, slightly muffled, maybe even mono as well.

I'm not sure, because mine is the sport trim, but I assume lower trims have working speakers, just not 4 in the back.

Hunchos

ah yes i checked the brochure you are 100% right , cheers mate

• Like 1

scumbagmike

Looks nice and clean :) Just got one of these myself. Wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me very quickly - especially the brakes!

Word of advice (on the off-chance you're not already aware): get the chain and tensioners checked - they've a habit of wearing and slackening when not serviced properly.

Edited by scumbagmike
  • Like 1

wgdm

Looks nice and clean :) Just got one of these myself. Wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me very quickly - especially the brakes!

Word of advice (on the off-chance you're not already aware): get the chain and tensioners checked - they've a habit of wearing and slackening when not serviced properly.

Thanks, I especially like the FSI engine, I've always thought it sounds 'fruity' for want of a better word.

I've already had it fully serviced, had to get an injector changed a couple of months ago, chain etc was checked as well (-:

scumbagmike

Magic! The FSI is growing on me, I must admit - especially the mpg it returns.

Keeping an eye on this and looking forward to the progress :)

• Like 1

wgdm

-- Update - 08/10/2014 --

+ Added Club Polo Sticker.

IMG_20141008_163424.jpg

• Like 2

wgdm

+ Added LED sidelights (left - new, right - old)

- removed reg plate holders (not shown on this)

IMG_20141013_152800.jpg

• Like 1

scumbagmike

Are those error free 13 SMD units? I'm liking them more and more since fitting them as they're so much brighter. I'm looking into getting some whiter main low beam bulbs next as they look really yellow next to these. Keep putting it off as I really don't fancy having to remove the bumber just to change the bulbs...haha.

Looking good though!

• Like 1

wgdm

Are those error free 13 SMD units? I'm liking them more and more since fitting them as they're so much brighter. I'm looking into getting some whiter main low beam bulbs next as they look really yellow next to these. Keep putting it off as I really don't fancy having to remove the bumber just to change the bulbs...haha.

Looking good though!

They're canbus free error ones, I'm not sure that they're as bright as 13 SMD ones, but they almost look like daytime running lights. I found it really hard to install them, for some reason, you've got to be a contortionist (with the engine and battery getting in the way). Thinking about getting some Xenon-like bulbs for the low-beams, I'm probably going to sort out tints and wind deflectors first though. I think the actual housings for the bulbs are a bad design, it's a right hassle.

• Like 1

scumbagmike
I think the actual housings for the bulbs are a bad design, it's a right hassle.

x2.

• Like 1

wgdm

+ Added wind deflectors

+ Fixed interior lights

+ Added LED numberplate lights.

+ Fixed rear window washer.

TysonKnight

Looking good so far, love your tidy interior too btw!