Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Srinivas Merugu
i have the same problem with my Polo MPI 1.2L Petrol, 74bhp (MK4 Platform). Starter cranks but I don't see RPM needle going up. Only after 3 to 4 times needle goes up and engine starts.
When it starts RPM needle struggles to sustain at a single point and gradually after some time it settles at 900 RPM.
What could be the cause, below are the few points which might help you:
1) I have recently changed the battery with new one.
2) This usually happens if I leave my car for 24 hours
3) It struggles to start from cold starts
4) When engine starts I can smell smoke; generally I don't smell it on warm starts
5) Do you suggest pushing throttle while starting the engine; generally I don't do it.
6) is it the problem with Sparkplugs, ignition Coil or anything else...
So I replaced my exhaust valve ground it back in properly then built everything back up to correct torque, timed up to correct marks the spun the engine by hand 2 revolutions then did another 2 just to make sure nothing catched, there was a lot of compression at one point where it felt like the valves had touched but they weren't, so I went to start the car, it was turning over fine and was firing as it back fired through the intake manifold but wouldn't start, I'm just after help as to what could stop it from starting? I've been told If they're hydraulic tappets that they need to be charged as the head was tilted on its side for two days and lost the oil
thanks in advance