ricki23

NO TAX NO LOG BOOK NO NEW OWNERS SLIP!

ricki23

i bought a polo moda off someone i know. i work away a lot and my tax has run out and the log book has only now been sent off for how can i tax my car without the log book and without anything any help is much appreciated really need to tax my car ASAP

nige8021

Without the new owner slip you wont be able to tax it @ the Post office, if the log book is @ Swansea and has been processed, but not yet posted out, you might be able to do it online, if you have the V5 reference number?

ricki23

No v5 ref no I think this is bull dvla are useless

derskine

To be fair you should have asked for the keepers slip.

ricki23

He didn't have it he'd lost it all

kbs

Phone your local vehicle licencing office.

You may be able to apply for a log book and tax at the same time.

This is the correct procedure if the logbook has been lost and you have just aquired the vehicle.

You will need to pay for the new logbook.

Don't forget to tug your forelock - and the process should not be too hard.

Tell them that DVLA are an unhelpful bunch of over pensioned parasites and you wont get the logbook or the tax without a vehicle inspection.

Good luck.

ricki23

Thanks haha I've tried they said I'd have to order it wait 6weeks then tax it think that's bollocks

Yeti

Ring up dvia, choose vehicle enquiries. All them if the change of keeper had gone through yet, if it had tax it online, if it hadn't ask them what you do.

kbs

Thanks haha I've tried they said I'd have to order it wait 6weeks then tax it think that's bollocks

That is bollocks, you have misunderstood or they have misinformed you.

Ask nicley and the tax can commence on the day you apply for the registration document.

Ensure you have both parts of your driving licence with (showing the correct address) together with the MoT (insurance no longer required but you should take the MoT cert with you to avoid confusion).

If you have already failed to show these lazy goverment parasites the correct respect, get some one else to try.

If you don't like the sound of that, wait 6 weeks by which time you should also have your penalty for not declaring the vehicle SORN.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.